By so_screwed - 25/09/2013 06:59 - United States - Salinas

Today, my one-night stand decided he wanted to meet my parents. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 497
You deserved it 13 884

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Looks like its time to buy another night stand....

The only thing to do here is make it clear to him that it was just that: a one-night stand.

Comments

It must have went well...looks like your stand might become a relationship...

TrinityNevada 11

So did you two communicate that this was only a one-night-stand before doing so and he changed his mind and decided on commitment? Or did you just assume it was a one-night-stand? either way, it's not very nice to just screw someone and leave them for exactly that reason - you accidentally lead them on. You need to come clean to the guy and if he gets back at you some way, you deserve it.

Even if she led him to believe something would come from the one night stand, it's still weird as hell that he'd want to meet her parents when they probably only just know each other.

TrinityNevada 11

I agree it's weird he wants her to meet his family, but it sounds like they have/had some really big problems with communication. I didn't exactly have a one-night-stand, but in the late 1990s/early 2000s, I tried to be all about the "free love/do what feels good" thing. I didn't have sex with anyone at that point (it was just messing around), but I learned my lesson when two of them became VERY overbearing, coming over when they felt like it (without calling first), trying to pressure me into sex, calling/paging me at least 10 times a day, refering to me as their girlfriend and wanting me to meet their parents. Basically, in both nstances, I was stuck with men who wouldn't hear no (to a relationship) and wouldn't let go. I deserved it for leading them on. I deserved it for using them as my own play thing and expecting it to only last that night (I had no intention of ever seeing them again). I guess that's why I told op she deserved it, I've been in her position before and I brought it on myself.

I am no psychologist, but considering there was a time where sex didn't occur until marriage, it's not far-fetched to see how many still see 'dating' as just hanging out, but sex is when it becomes 'a relationship' or at least headed that way. Trinity, I applaud you for seeing that you led them on and admitting it. You are a much better person to many for being able to do that and learn from it. But that's why for me, I have two rules to one-night-stands: 1: If I've known you more than 24 hours, then you are not eligible to be a one-night-stand. This avoids most awkward situations like the OP, the other party developing unreciprocated feelings, or getting too attached just because they got laid, etc. #2: Make it clear that it's a one-night-stand, so once the sex is over, there's the door. Make sure they know that you have no interest to speak again. If you do, you run the risk of wanting to have sex again. Then, it's no longer a one-night-stand anyway. :)

Obey_StudBoii 23

Well what was the outcome? Hope you made it clear to him that it was just a one night stand. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh no, You poor thing? Did I miss something?

Disheartened 9
jacquesromualdez 12

Twas so good he had to thank your parents!

Let him, just make sure your father is wearing a 'Dads Against Daughters Dating' t-shirt and holding a shotgun......

We all meet put soul mates in different ways

There's a simple solution to that... don't have one night stands...

will89pito 5

Maybe he wanted to thank the people that made you