By so_screwed - 25/09/2013 06:59 - United States - Salinas

Today, my one-night stand decided he wanted to meet my parents. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 497
You deserved it 13 884

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Looks like its time to buy another night stand....

The only thing to do here is make it clear to him that it was just that: a one-night stand.

Comments

andruszko 2

At least my few one night stands knew they were one night stands ahead of time... Remember, just because you're easy enough to sleep with someone you don't actually like doesn't mean the other person feels the same way. Definitely a YDI for not being clear ahead of time. P.S. I just think it's funny that if in this FML you replaced "he" with "she" there'd be a bunch of people on here calling the guy a womanizer. As I've seen it happen before.

Isn't it a bit sexist that you are referring to the OP as easy, but you say you've had one night stands? I believe that, yes, it would be a bit sexist that it would be likely that a guy would get a lot more hate for this, but, it's sexist to call someone easy, for doing the same thing as you, without calling yourself easy. Also, we don't know the full FML. Maybe she did make it obvious, and the guy is just dumb, or maybe she outright said it and he's delusional. Give OP the benefit of the doubt.

andruszko 2

Fair enough. I tend to not give people the benefit of the doubt, after two years doing a lot of customer service I guess I've grown to always see the bad side in people. But, the few girls I did have one night stands with (I made it very clear) I didn't want to date at the time, but I did like and wouldn't mind my parents meeting if I were to spend any time with them again. My point is, there's still people around who consider sex something personal. I haven't had a one night stand in four years. I wouldn't want to end up sleeping with someone just to find out afterwards they never had any plans of things progressing. Although I know how weird/clingy some guys and girls can be, but I highly doubt the OP is clear of all fault.

I don't think it's sexist to call OP easy. It's not a judgement, it's a statement of fact relating to that one night. In fact, the way I read it #58 was confessing to being easy a couple of times him/herself.

Why is everyone getting mad at OP about doing this without a serious relationship? I've heard about some place in China where they don't even have marriage, or even really relationships, so everyone who does it is doing it outside of marriage. A whole village. And it's not taboo at all there. It's only a cultural thing that we think that it's really bad.

Epikouros 31

ITYM a matriarchical tribe where men help raise their sister's kids. Marriage isn't necessary there because people live in extended families.

Why are people saying ditch him, why preform a one night stand anyway, that desperate for sex?!?!

I thought women wanted a guy that would commit...

just a bullshit lie they say so people dont relieze theyre almost all ******

squideth 18

Yep we women are all the same. All several billion of us want the exact same thing. Congrats, you've figured it out.

Yes, considering a high percentage of you complain about it

Your fault for doing a one night stand and especially for not telling him youre using him

Epikouros 31

Don't worry, it's nothing romantic, he just thought you were so hot that he wanted to **** your parents too.