By AsianSensation - 15/12/2014 03:30 - Canada - Toronto

Today, my new friend tried to introduce me to "American Culture," as I am new to the city. He explained what a hamburger is and how it differs from the Asian food I was used to eating. I moved from Seattle and have worked at Burger King. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 106
You deserved it 2 934

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Reread the post... I don't think you know what's going on...

Comments

hahahaha123123 10

I hate when people think Seattle is in Canada it's like Washington is a forgotten state

Most people don't think that Seattle is in Canada so I don't know what you're complaining about.

Unless your friend was planning to take you to the king as well you should have gone along. BK isn't quite the worst, but there are many better choices for good burgers out there.

Oyas12 14

You're... you're going off topic a little. ..

Burgers was one point. That the friend is quite naive, a bit ignorant and mildly racist another. Downvote all you want, sometimes being ignorant to that is not the worst, since offering to go out in the first place is at least a little bit nice also. And in the process you might heal that person of their ignorance and naivety a bit...

CaroAurelia 12

It's amazing how few people know what an "Asian American" is. Newsflash, people: There have been some quantity of Asians since before the Civil War (the original Siamese twins married American women and several of their kids fought for the Confederacy.) Not every Asian in America is an immigrant.

I think what he did was the best way to show you how american culture really works, he knew it all along.

Well did you tell him you're from Seattle? If not he probably thinks you actually moved there from an Asian country.

baileygirl88 8

I might be biased since I live in an area with a ton of Japanese people, but you can usually tell if someone is brand new to America or if they are just straight up Asian American. If the OP is from Seattle, I'm guessing it's pretty clear to most that he/she is American! It's just ignorance.

Americans brought Chinese people over to work on the railroads. How is it they completely forgot? They intervened in a Vietnamese war and impregnated Vietnamese women, who's children were discriminated against for their mixed blood. The result: they brought those children to America. When the Hmong were being prosecuted for their part in the war, America brought them in. But this has been decades, centuries even.

Racist friends never fail to disappoint.

iAmPaul 49

This FML makes no logical sense. This ethnically Asian man moved from Seattle to Ontario, Canada, and his new Canadian friend is introducing him to "American Culture"? Dafuq? I live in Ontario too, for the record.