By Annonymous - 17/12/2010 02:28

Today, my neighbors put up their Christmas lights. They blink red and green on and off. Ever since they put them up, my dog hasn't stopped barking. It's 2:00AM. FML
I agree, your life sucks 608
You deserved it 54

Top comments

schwancy 2

Noo that's too easy. It's better to just complain to random people on the Internet.

Maybe you should ask your neighbor to turn them off?

Comments

sallen0046 4

Why wouldn't you just go ask your neighbor to turn off his lights when he goes to bed? Or perhaps actually bother to train your animal to stop barking when you tell it to? Complaining on the internet is going to help you when the cops show up and charge you with disturbing the peace because you aren't capable of controlling your animal.

The dog is mistaking green for blue and hates cops. Maybe you should try muzzling the dog!

ulicksam 0

YDI for not controlling your dog and/or leaving him outside. People that leave their dog outside or can't control them shouldn't have them.

foryoublue94 0

Who says OP isn't the child and the dog is a family dog? Usually in those cases there's one person who can control the dog better than the rest of the people in the family. In addition, just because your dog barks all the time doesn't mean you necessarily are a bad caretaker and don't know how to control a dog. No matter how well you train it, some dogs just bark a lot and not everyone can afford to bring in Ceasar Milan. Why does everyone have to be so rude to the people who actually get their FML's posted? D=

rlTlk 13

Thank you! .. been waiting for some sense on here. Jesus people dogs aren't objects, they're living things with a mind of their own. The dog is probably just scared, I would be if I had no idea what was going on and there was just lights flashing everywhere and lots of strange noises all around. I'd want my dog to bark if it thought something was out of the ordinary around my house, could save a life. Also the Neighbors have a right to have Christmas lights and OP has a right to have a dog. Just try to comfort or distract the dog, or yes find a way so it can't see the lights. But theres no need to be cruel.

here's an idea: make him stop barking. your neighbors should be able to have Christmas lights up if they want. YDI for bitchin about something you can control.

Bravo 35. You have hit on the problem. The OP's dog is a nuisance yet the OP thinks the neighbors, who have every right to put up lights, are the problem for not accommodating OP's precious pup. This is so true of the dog owners around me. They think I should consider it a pleasure and a priviledge to clean their dog's shit off my lawn, have urine burns all over my lawn and tolerate their non-stop yapping. The OP is mad at the neighbors for not kissing the dog's ass but in fact the OP is lucky the neighbors have not called the police on this nuisance dog.

DakotaCat 4
DakotaCat 4

Dogs ain't colourblind.. They could see some colours but not all

Ehm... ever watched Cesar Millan (dog whisperer)?

awwwh, your dogs so cute:)! she wants to protect yooou.[: