By Spatch - 24/09/2009 02:47 - United States

Today, my navy boyfriend, who's stationed in Italy, calls me to say he is in San Francisco and is coming to see me. After scrambling to get ready, he calls me back to say he doesn't recognize the train station. After searching on Google Maps, it becomes clear he's drunk at Oktoberfest. In Germany. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 231
You deserved it 3 276

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tenkenshi 2

At least he was thinking about you while he was drunk.

Comments

The OP! Welcome! Now learn some grammar, please.

And why would US soldiers be in italy anyway?? or germany ? c´mon man it´s been over 60 years ... hitler ain´t coming back !! believe me!! now give us our continent back..

"**** off" isn't a transitive verb. (You can't **** me off.) Alright, I'm being a little pedantic now, but not before. The OP did say it was the bf who was scrambling, not her.

andlifesuxagain 0

Stupid **** there are US bases in both of those countries and their was the little thing called USSR to worry about. OP: What did you expect, hes Navy, all hes good for is kissing the poop deck, why would you think he has good direction, sober or otherwise on land. Be happy hes not gay!

Exactly! Thank you, cuz people don't seem to really understand what I was trying to say. And apparently my comment got deleted. . . I was trying to say that this was more of a "haha that sucks" FML. I'm not mad at him, it's just almost a year since I've seen him. I was flattered he called me, just the situation was frustrating. And yes, this IS the OP. :)

Um, no, you're lying. You're Spatch_, whereas the OP is Spatch.

Yeah, lemme explain that. I created the account AFTER I submitted the FML. Apparently once the FML is selected to be published, that name used is TAKEN, so I HAD to put the stupid underscore. And if you're REALLY intent on proving I'm not the OP, might I suggest a posting for you? "Today, I stayed online trying desperately to prove someone wasn't the OP. I have no life to say "FML" about."

Maybe_Baby 0

Yeah I understand this stuff... My boyfriend is a marine.

xloadedxx 0

those of you who are insulting men in the military are too ridiculous to insult. grow up.

andlifesuxagain 0

Not an insult just a jest, but I have personnaly seen Navy friends try to navigate on land.. welcome to Ojai...almost made it to hollywood lol not realy

You obviously have never met many enlisted men. If they're not on duty and in a private setting, they are allowed to do whatever the hell they want. If they are not on duty and in public, than they are supposed to behave themselves in a manner fitting of the United States Armed Forces. Not that this always, or even usually, happens.

there's a huge military R and R facility an hour south of Munich in Garmisch. it's v. easy to get to the oktoberfest by train from there. so he had very good reason to be at the wiesn (like me all day)

There are many US stations in Germany. I don't know why, but there are...

SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

You can't **** somebody off? Dammit. Now what will my hobby be?

Xader 0

I dunno....It seems to me that "****" as a verb can be substituted for "get" in the phrase "get me off" to create the grammatically correct "**** me off". But I majored in accounting, so what the hell do I know about English?

Hey, at least he called you, it shows he was thinking about you... I'd be happy with that.

I guess he wasn't wearing flowers in his hair then...

Dang that's one very drunk sailor. I hope he made it back to the ship/command in one piece.

Maybe_Baby 0

The point that the OP is trying to get accross is that if her boyfriend is in the Navy and stationed in Italy that she doesn't get to see him or probably not hear from him that often. So the fact that he called and said that he was at the train station could have been the best news shes heard from him in weeks.