By selena5112 - 15/02/2013 18:50 - Norway - Troms?

Today, my mum got the idea of switching to a different dishwashing detergent. The new one is so strong that it coats all the dishes in a nauseating perfume-like smell. It's so pungent that it gets absorbed into everything we eat or drink. She's determined to use up the entire bottle. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 171
You deserved it 2 321

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What's that you say, Mother? The dish detergent vanished mysteriously? No, no, I have no idea how the empty bottle got into the trash, or where the soap went. I guess we'll just have to try a different kind now...

Comments

I'm not sure you should just throw it or find a place for "special waste" if it's that bad. Your mom doesn't happen to be one of those (idiot) women that "washes" the dishes by soaking them, then soaping them in, then just leaving the soap on and putting the dishes to dry? Why I'm asking? Because there's too many women here in Norway that do it this way... definitely doing it wrong.

Dilute it or go buy another one and throw that out.

Them dishwashing detergents can be expensive. I can see her point.

devans00 14

I bet it's one of the Dawn "special" versions. I could only take a few days of everything tasting like lavender before tossing the bottle. Dawn original scent is still OK though.

If you want to be subtle dump a small amount when she is not looking. That way she will think she has used it all instead of foul play

aron666 25

You should help her, by emptying the bottle

not long until you begin suffering from multiple subacute-insidious endocrine dysfunctions.