By Anonymous - 24/02/2018 14:00 - United Kingdom - Pontefract

Today, my mother, who has no life of her own, barged into my house and demanded to know why we hadn’t had kids yet after 6 months of marriage. She then hoovered the living room for a while, even though I did it yesterday, and only left after criticising my wife’s makeup and body weight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 034
You deserved it 496

Top comments

And this is when you ban her from your house. If she keeps barging in, get the police involved. She has no right to do any of this on your property.

clairecurses 19

yeah that's not 'having no life of her own', that's having some serious issues.

Comments

You need to address this with your mother now and put an end to it. This kind of behavior has the potential to destroy your marriage.

Your mother's control issues could destroy your marriage. Not because of her insulting and harassing your wife directly, but because your wife is watching you PUT UP WITH THIS. The woman is bursting into the house, insulting her and demanding she pop out children and you're saying nothing? One of these women is going to end up leaving your life- better pick which one is more important.

I agree. the wife will end up eventually leaving. the OP needs to lay boundaries before it ruins his marriage.

peithecelt 28

ding ding ding, we have a winner folks! don't bitch here, she's your mother, set some boundaries or you will lose your wife.

Lobby_Bee 17

Sounds like your mom misses you and is making up stupid stuff as an excuse to talk to you.

I'm telling you, Raymond, that you really need to change your locks.

Doesn’t she know basic biology? If you don’t have a kid three months from now, she could validly complain you’re not trying hard enough to make her happy.

JadedBlue 4

I would be so pissed off if my mom did that to me

My mother would only ever do that if there was some thing wrong

Now you know why your mother has no friends.

what do you mean when you say she hoovered your living room?

julfunky 29

Hoover is a popular vacuum brand. So I assume that’s what he’s referring to — vacuuming.

in the UK it is the term for vacuuming. we say hoover

Fyi her cleaning while there is almost certainly also her trying to insult your wife. Seriously it's time to set boundaries and make them stick.