By SlapAndTickle - 11/10/2013 03:04 - United States

Today, my mother kept nagging at me because my 9-month-old daughter only calms down when I play her metal. She demands I use gospel, otherwise she will turn into a "devil-worshipping lunatic like her mother". FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 667
You deserved it 5 152

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I love rocking out to some metal with baby cousin. Sound like an awesome kid you got. :)

sucks for you op next time you should say 'I hope she doesnt turn out like her grandmother'' and see what she says about that

Comments

Your mother-in-law is apparently a lunatic. Don't go by what she says. You're the parent.

oh, a reckless love profile pic :D that's awesome.

Your daughter has a great musical taste. Keep on playing metal!

My daughter grew up listening to Iron Maiden, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Dio, and more. These bands were the Metal at the time, and just as despised by the bible thumpers. She also loves Heart (Nothing like a 3 year old rockin' out to Barracuda). She is now in University studying a double major Bio-medical mechanical engineering and Computer tech so she can help people who have and severe injury (amputation) or deformity live a better life by building a better prosthetic. (Yes, I am bragging a bit). Not a usual Satanic ambition. So let your baby Rock On.

I was raised the same way, and I'm also going to university to learn how to help people (Pharmacy). Yup, we metal-heads are just a bunch of devil-worshipers who hate humanity.

Your baby sounds amazing. I can only hope I have a kid like that some day.

Don't leave your child alone with your mother-in-law or she'll teach it something you don't/won't like.

Your kid is growing up to become an adult with an excellent taste for music...! ^^

My mom used to blare Metallica when I was little to help me calm down. I turned out fine...*cranks up Black Sabbath*

MsMourningStar 22

There is nothing wrong with that. Goodness, bible thumpers like that drive me crazy. We used to listen to all kinds of music at my youth group while we were at church and as long as it wasn't saying we should worship the devil (or have lots of sex and do drugs) no one cared! We all just had fun. I'm sorry your mother is being so judge mental. Gods the only one that should judge and considering he is love that's not such a bad thing.

buttcramp 21

dude my 8 month old loves alice in chains lol i love this