By DontBeRude - 28/09/2015 04:05 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my mother felt the need to remind me not to fall in love with a fictional character. After laughing and reassuring her that I knew the difference between fiction and reality, she replied, "You know, honey, sometimes I'm not so sure." FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 455
You deserved it 3 861

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

My parents said the same thing. So i got a boyfriend.

Which character? And my Mum constantly worries I can't tell reality from fiction because I get so into films and tv series, and get really angry when they are unfair to a character, or it portrays a certain message I don't agree with.

But... that... that has nothing to do with telling reality from fiction. That's you getting invested/immersed in the media you enjoy.

I know!!! I have to show her this to prove it is normal :)

OneFourNine 9

Don't worry about anything. Everyone lives a unique reality. No one lives the same day nor has the same sensations, perceptions or thoughts through that day than anyone else. And I am sure that a bit of imagination helps us stay sane and certainly more open and creative. I don't find it strange that someone may find part of someone else reality to be a fiction to them. I am certain everyone would be stunned if we were suddenly sharing all our thoughts.

I don't think this is an FML, more like a "Been there, done that" moment.

Haha, thanks guys. It was all in good fun. To answer a few questions: 1) It was NOT Twilight. 2) We were specifically talking about Batman, as I'm a Batman fangirl. 3) I was also talking about Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice.

Lol I'm in love with multiple fiction characters. Xellos ^_^

amandathemermaid 19

I used to think I was the only one, being in love with Anakin/Vader and all.. But I stand corrected. We're just awesome people!