By Oh_So_Klassical - 18/09/2012 01:09 - United States - Lancaster

Today, my mom turned off all internet access in our house because she thought I spent too much time on the computer. She later asked me why she couldn't get on Facebook. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 209
You deserved it 2 209

Oh_So_Klassical tells us more.

Oh_So_Klassical 18

OP Here, and I spend up to 3 hours a day on the computer because I take a computer class and all the homework is online and that's why she turned it off. She called our provider and told them to turn it off, since she didn't know how. I didn't find out until I came home and attempted to do my homework, and by that point, my mom was in a fuss about not being able to get on Facebook. And since I'm her daughter, and clearly know nothing, she refused to believe me. My neighbor is the one who finally convinced her the internet was needed for Facebook.

Top comments

Comments

GabriellaMoss1 5

People that say things like that make me want to cry..

Tell her you'll 'fix' it if you can use it again!

I'm not sure if it's generational in this case, though, because I'm sure my own folks (in their 50's) could figure this one out. Seems to be more of a 'PICNIC' issue :D (Problem In Chair, Not In Computer).

Dekarian 7

That's also known as PEBKAC: Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair.

Sure, but PICNIC's probably easier to remember for the average person. :) (I've also heard it as an 'I-D-10-T problem') lol

carminecris89 13

Wow, how do you survive without it? My mom doesn't have a Facebook, but uses the Internet to talk to my dad who does contracting in Afghanistan, and also pays the bills with it. She would die without it. Your mom isn't very good at thinking ahead. Cutting off the internet is completely unnecessary. FYL.

FatKidsJiggle 2

Tell her she exceeded her phone's data plan

alexhaz64 4

Either by phone, or she already resolved the issue.

Cellphone, school, library, friends house, friends cellphone, any store that has a computer display with internet (although if you use those and your account is stolen, YDI), etc.

perdix 29

Tell her the Internet is angry with her for trying to cut it off, and placed a spell on her that blocks her Facebook. Tell her you can cast a counter-spell if she gives you all her personal data and a credit card. When you get the Internet reconnected, hold a spooky spell-removal ceremony and show your mom her restored Facebook. Then, buy yourself something nice for the trouble.

Tell her you turned off her Facebook access. If she gives you back internet access, she can automatically have her Facebook back.