By failedexam - 06/11/2009 06:52 - Canada

Today, my mom texted me in the middle of my end of term math exam, saying it was extremely urgent and needed me to come home ASAP. While skipping my exam, I finally got home to find out my mom forgot what the emergency was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 767
You deserved it 6 153

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI for leaving your phone on during an exam

catastrophicsock 0

Firstly, how were you able to check your phone and get up and leave in the middle of your final? Secondly, YDI for skipping your final. I don't care what emergency is happening, if you're not there and you have to take the time to drive home, it can't be all that important. Why wouldn't your mom just call you or you think to respond with "what's wrong?". I'm calling fake.

Comments

At my school, you can take a phone call during an exam. You have to go outside of course, and I've never seen anyone actually do it, but it's acceptable. We have self-scheduled take-home exams and finals, too. I'm with the OP, I'd have run home--he can always reschedule the exam.

AndreaHatesYou1 0

Maybe the emergency is that your mother either has Alzheimers or something wrong with her that makes her consider something minor urgent and/or forget major emergencies. If that happened to me, I'd be more worried about my psychotic mother.

OP does not deserve it. Every school and exam is different - I use my phone as a calculator sometimes and I can see texts come in if they do. If my mom told me there was an emergency, I would GO because generally an emergency means there isn't TIME to text back "hurr durr explain plz?" Better to be safe than come home and find out someone is already gone or something.

You say every school exam is different but it is pretty much everywhere that it is unacceptable to have a phone on and out during an exam. Texting makes it even worse. Seriously, if you can't survive for 30 minutes or an hour or even more without checking text messages, you deserve to fail. I don't even have my phone on during class when there isn't a test. Real emergency=call 911.

BikerMike 0

I bet mommy does not want you to grow up

noshitsherlock 0

YDI. You could have TEXTED HER BACK before leaving. Idiot.

The emergency is that your mother either had a light stroke, is suffering from dementia, or is in the early stages of Alzheimer.

sportsnut 0

YDI, you stupid stupid prick, why would you ever leave your phone on during the exam...look on the bright side though, at least you didn't fail the exam for academic dishonesty because thats exactly what would have happened had you been caught using the phone

YDI for leaving on your phone during the exam. You should've been kicked out. Also, YDI for skipping out on your exam. A midterm of all things is not something you want to screw up.

YDI. They say "no cellphones" for a reason, dumbass.