By Norah - 23/07/2011 21:50 - United States

Today, my mom scolded me for not taking driving lessons already. This comes a few days after she told me that, "Allowing teenagers to drive is just another way of thinning out the gene pool". FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 622
You deserved it 3 197

Same thing different taste

Top comments

takeapieandrun 9

Thats what parents do, don't bother reasoning with her.

TobiPuppy 0

Obviously she's telling you something. You inherited her bad genes.

Comments

Epsilonyx 15

My mom did the same thing. She EXPLODED at me for not getting my license yet, now she won't let me drive.

No 35, my mom was the same way. She was so anxious for me to get my license that she taught me to drive before I was 16. The day my permit came through she dragged me off to the state troopers and I passed the test. Instead of congratulations, she turned to me and said, "Here you go, you lazy bitch" and handed me the grocery list and the responsiblity for driving around my asshole brother and all of his friends until he got his license. She was 'done' with driving. I was also responsible for filling the car with gas so that I could do her shopping and drive her son and his posse around. I was 16 so I had to dip into my college fund to pay for gas to pick up the family groceries and take the asshole brother to his sports practices. I could drive as much as I needed to in order to do her errands with no problem. If I wanted to go somewhere for myself, like a movie with a friend, suddenly I was the World's Shittiest Driver and sure to kill everyone on the road if I got behind the wheel so she was 'doing the world a favor' by telling me I wasn't allowed to drive, which really sucked because I was footing the gas bill. Moms who pull this crap do it because they're tired of being their kids' taxi services and want to dump their errands on their kids, but they don't want the kids cruising around or having any fun. So the kid is a good enough driver to pick up the family's pizza on Tuesday night while Mom parks her ass on the sofa but NOT good enough to drive to the very same pizza parlor with friends on Friday night. Parents contradict themselves when it benefits them.

everyone does, no one is perfect. ...except me.

So she actually wants you to get killed? Pahahahaha, FYL xD

kaywalovestoflip 7
WoshJinchell93 11
Sweej 1

She just wants you to get a license so she doesn't have to drive you everywhere... but is still somewhat concerned for your safety.

That Globe Life Ins will be paying off any day now. Mommy needs a new pair of shoes!