By Anonymous - 14/06/2014 10:11 - United States - San Jose

Today, my mom found out that I've been having counselling behind her back for the past 4 years. I broke down in tears explaining everything. Her response was, "So you go and bitch about me behind my back?!" And she wonders why I'm depressed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 731
You deserved it 5 626

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The point of counciling is penting and getting better, she should be happy for you..

That's so horrible. Your mom needs to realise that you need to get yourself better so that you are able to deal with her bull.

Comments

Your mom has mental issues. that should gove you some peace of mind and more assurance about yourself.

my mom is like that alot. I feel for you.

Tawnkat 13

Sounds like my bitch of a mother. Same story pretty much. I feel for you. Only, my mother is for sure crazy. I hope yours isn't too bad!

Your mom is an idiot. Please don't stop going to counselling, sounds like you need it more than ever

Ouch. Yes, you need that counselling, don't you? Let it go - you were doing the right thing!

My mom would say the same exact thing!!

Geckosrock99 33

Op, it sucks and it's a lot of BS, but some parents don't seem to believe in mental health. My dad is the same way. All four of us have low self esteem and a few of us have worse mental problems because he doesn't have a filter and prefers to talk crap than praise us. Nothing we did was ever good enough for him it seemed. Now that the youngest of us is 20, we realized that he didn't think that the positives needed to be said (they were never really implied), and if mom talks to him about it, he'll calm down about pointing out our negative qualities or mistakes. If you can't get your mom to understand, OP, I would suggest cutting her out of your life. You couldn't get through to her, but hopefully someone else can without her going off on them.

This is like my mom. I've been depressed for a long time but she never let me get counselling because she didn't want me "spreading bad rumours" behind her back. Meanwhile she bitches and lies and spreads personal shit about me all over facebook to her 272 friends.