By Anonymous - 14/06/2014 10:11 - United States - San Jose

Today, my mom found out that I've been having counselling behind her back for the past 4 years. I broke down in tears explaining everything. Her response was, "So you go and bitch about me behind my back?!" And she wonders why I'm depressed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 731
You deserved it 5 626

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The point of counciling is penting and getting better, she should be happy for you..

That's so horrible. Your mom needs to realise that you need to get yourself better so that you are able to deal with her bull.

Comments

abiehassoun 2

Going and writing about something like that on an app like this is the reason your mother would say something like that. Kids nowadays don't talk to their parents and instead seek out advice from their peers.

Elisabetha Aarron 18

I'm not surprised. There are a lot of parents who make it all about them and not their kid when their kid tells them when something is wrong. Making your kids problems about you will only make them not want to tell you stuff.

The fact that there are over 2,000 YDIs on this is heartbreaking...

If she lives at home under her mother's roof and does this kind of thing behind her mother's back, a YDI is more than appropriate.

Mothers are the travel agents for guilt trips.

Sounds like my mother. I could use some counseling as well thanks to her.

I'm very sorry to hear that OP. I also know where you're coming from. I hope things take a turn for the better. best of wishes!

Sadly, I was in a similar situation but my parents knew about the counciling. It's ironic that they claim you can go to them with your problems, but then make you feel like shit about them and just act more angry.

GrandMasterBooty 5

I feel you 300%. The first time I came out and told my mom I'm depressed and that I need help she yelled at me and stormed out of the room.

The fact that anyone, anyone at all, could say that you deserve this, is mind bogglingly stupid. And clearly they have no ******* clue what you're talking about or going through. Stay strong. It'll get better.

HazelGrace 10

I hope everything turns out ok. I hope that you two can work things out.