By brokewithnocar - 21/01/2017 20:00

Today, my mom changed her mind about driving me to a job interview because she wants to attend a meeting at a church she told me she'd never go back to, full of people she hates. I can't drive because she refuses to teach me how. There's no public transportation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 919
You deserved it 843

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Go to the church meeting and tell the people what your mom says about them. They'll run her out on a rail and she'll be free to drive you to your interview.

The power of Christ compels you... from going to that job interview

Comments

Britt125 16

Walk if it's not too ridiculously far to do so. Or see if a friend or another family member can drive you?

Umm... Why would your mom teach you how to drive? Take proper driving lessons like everyone else.

growlyboy 2

Don't u learn drivers ed in school???

dudleythecat 0

So, how were you planning on getting to work if you got the job?

FML doesn't seem to be letting me like comments or reply to them. For anyone suggesting OP take a cab or pay for lessons, I'd assume she can't afford that... seeming she doesn't have a job and is using the name "brokewithnocar." It's not unreasonable to expect someone to follow through on their promise to drive you to a job interview, even if it would be ideal to not have to rely on your mom.

ashyash90 8

Sounds like your mom has some unhealthy control issues. Maybe talk to a counselor at school/in town and see if there any available transportation resources to help you get a job so you can have money to take driving lessons, get your license, get a better job, etc.

so even if you got the job how woukd you ever get there?