By Sadasian - 14/08/2009 06:19 - United States

Today, my mom and dad were arguing. It started getting really heated, so I tried to go break it up. But within a couple of minutes, my mom wanted to make a statement by throwing a plate to the ground, forgetting I was beside her. I now have a throbbing foot with shards of glass in it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 156
You deserved it 4 100

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She wasn't making a statement. She was being an irrational idiot.

fmlfmlfml15 0

ouch...FYL Lesson learned: NEVER intervene when your parents are fighting!!

Comments

NobodyUKnow 0

You did stop it though, right? protip: Send your mom to the looney house

wolfe1700 0

well, it probably stopped the argument pretty quick.

sportmaster525 0

i was thinking the same thing. definitely got their minds off of the argument. although it would've been way funnier if they continued to argue while she's lying on the ground bleeding with shards of plate sticking out of her foot.

i never quite understood with angry girls and throwing objects.... you would think they could talk out their feelings.

I never quite understood why some angry guys punch things, which is worse than throwing something because they usually end up hurting themselves in the process... so... I guess there are people of BOTH sexes that need to learn how to talk things out, not just angry girls

#36 is right. A ton of guys I know hit things and break their hands when they're mad. Geniuses.

#36 Punching things, and I'm assuming things like walls doesn't end up costing you money, unless you're hitting it hard enough to damage the wall. If you know guys who hit breakable objects when they're angry, then I want them, along with women who break things when angry, beaten with canes. However, punching a wall stops hurting soon enough where it just hurts enough for the pain the distract you from the anger or for you to not give a damn and will not cost anyone money.

skiBOAT 0

FYL. I absolutely hate when my parents fight, though it's not often. I can't blame you for wanting to break it up.

LadyLovely08 0

Some things just have to work themselves out, without interference. Lesson learned. Now play this up for all that you can in front of your mom.

LadyLovely08 0

Sometimes guys don't understand you well enough when you say "I'm mad" so it helps them put it in perspective.

No, it makes you look like an immature spoiled little bitch. If my girlfriend did something like that I wouldn't even bother continuing the argument, I'd ditch her on the spot.

It's not just girls though...my husband throws stuff when he's mad, including TV remotes, picture frames, crutches, a desk chair and his XBox controllers...he would never throw them AT me, but he sure as hell throws stuff when he's mad...

Oh feel the love.... I try breaking up fights when they happen. It doesn't work. I just get told to "shut the **** up". (Even if it does on the rare occasion, I still get told that).

What a way to put a point across instead of, say, articulating a logical thought.