By Anonymous - 10/10/2009 04:25 - United States

Today, my ex said "I love you!" for the first time at a party in front of my boyfriend. Smugly satisfied, I said "Well, you're too late for that." My ex looked at me with irritation and said "I'm talking to him!" and gestured to my boyfriend. They'd been "best friends" since middle school. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 200
You deserved it 36 689

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So you go from banging one guy to banging his best friend? Smooth.

You think you're really clever, don't you? Well, you're not. YDI.

Comments

You think you're really clever, don't you? Well, you're not. YDI.

rollanderca 0

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2181359/how_to_find_clean_water_in_the_wilderness.html?cat=5

getting sick of the "dating a gay man where my ex and new bf are going out" FMLs...

they're just friends, not gay. FYL for not being able to read

really they are friends... probably joking i say that kind of shit to my friends sometimes

#58. I'm pretty sure op meant something else other than 'best friend'

YDI coz u dont know ur boyfriends bestfriend, the ex ir the new one..

why the **** would they have quotes around best friends if they were just friends? and even if that didn't prove it, this wouldn't be an fml if they were just "best friends"

judging by ur reply ur prolly a self centered **** ydi

And judging by yours I'm guessing you're a ******.

plum_lovin 28

I would have just said "I know! But your to late because he's mine!" Then it would have sounded like you knew what you we're talking about. Plus I wouldn't have assumed he was talking to me either... so you kinda put yourself in that situation. Lesson: never assume, because more than likely you'll be wrong that time.

memory_loss_fml 0

I think you'd have gotten a *lot* more sympathetics fyl without the 'smugly satisfied'.

So you go from banging one guy to banging his best friend? Smooth.

that's more the best friends fault rather than hers

suckstobey0u 0

Have you ever met a guy that said no to a hot chick? I say hot because she had to be smokin' in order for the dude to hook up with his best friends ex.

eastern_dude 0

I can't decide wether ydi or fyl but I have one question. What about "ex bf's friends are out of question"? or am I too old fashioned?

I think she was surprised to find out they were "best friends". Let's give the stupid bitch the benefit of the doubt.

bs_spotter 0

How long were you dating the ex? A week? He never spent time with his best friend while you were dating?

Julle_fml 0

You do realise that sometimes people say "I love you" to their friends, right? That doesn't mean they're "gay lovers" or whatever it is you're insinuating... Besides, it seems a bit weird for you to be dating your ex's best friend...

RubixMonkey 0

Yeah but blurting it out at a party seems like it was a declaration of LOVE!!

I agree I am not sure if he said it as a friend or as a lover.