This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Help.exe - 08/11/2018 09:30 - Canada - London

Today, my live-in girlfriend broke up with me in a rage. I was ecstatic since I've wanted to break up for a while, but couldn't as she has no job or place to go. She then "took it back" and plans to stay another year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 661
You deserved it 985

Top comments

...or...and I’m just throwing out ideas here...you could break up with her.

whiskey'swino 15

When people tell you who there are believe them. You can say no. You are allowed to make her be an adult and figure out how to live with consequences of her actions.

Comments

...or...and I’m just throwing out ideas here...you could break up with her.

Except that they are from Canada where the people are very, very nice.

I am also from Canada, and I threw my abusive ex-boyfriends (who was also from Canada) stuff out in the rain after he refused to pick it up when I finally split up with him. Most of us arent nice to the point of not being able to take care of ourselves. That's just a stereotype.

whiskey'swino 15

When people tell you who there are believe them. You can say no. You are allowed to make her be an adult and figure out how to live with consequences of her actions.

Time to put Future Crazy Cat Lady out to the curb with all her stuff. If you are not happy move on. You have no obligation to keep her at the apartment. Obviously if she is on the lease etc. Then you are screwed.

I love how she has re-scheduled your break-up for one year in the future. We know who wears the pants in that relationship!

Thank you! It’s just a colloquialism for “who has control in the relationship.” My favorite retort to that came from a greeting card: “When things are really good, no one’s wearing pants!”

Just because something is a colloquialism doesn't mean it's not sexist. "Wearing the pants" refers to a time where women were not allowed to wear pants and had to be subservient to their husbands. This colloquialism is nothing but sexist.

bl3ur0z3 17

As a feminist, I have to say, you're being a little sensitive there.

Even for a canadian you're way too "friendly". How is her not having a job or place to go your problem? I mean yes it sucks for her but it seems like you aren't happy in your relationship so why would you want to suffer instead?

Maybe he made her give up her job to provide for him? Just playing devil's advocate

Does it sound like he makes her do anything?

Just dump here it's not your problem that she doesn't have a job or place to stay.

Unless she has no job or place to go because of you end it. If it is because of you give here some money to get back on her feet and end it. Never be with someone who you aren't happy with.

DON'T TAKE HER BACK! She's not your responsibility.

How about instead of complaining on FML about being whipped, just kick her out.