By mightymart - 24/07/2012 10:26 - Canada - Montreal

Today, my landlord decided to have people visit my apartment since I'm moving out next month. She had warned me about potential visitors this week but didn't specify when. I work the graveyard shift and apparently the fact that I was sleeping in my room during the visit didn't bother her at all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 491
You deserved it 1 895

mightymart tells us more.

I would have stayed awake if she would have called before, not like it happens often

Top comments

Comments

{AD} tired of damp rooms? want a spacious room facing sea side? contact 006-sarcasticonstructors today!!!

That's one of those times when you really wish you could have a lock on your door.

An OP replies! Thanks, it is appreciated. Check your lease terms on landlord entry. Show it to her, if her behavior is not permitted. If you don't have a lease, government regulations might limit her rights, here, key or not. Best of luck, and hope you really like your new place.

That's easy, start sleeping naked. Next time she comes ha a talk about invasion of privacy and calling before showing up. That will fix it

**** that! If you paid your rent, you're entitled to your privacy. Let her know that she needs to give you plenty of notice and clear it with you ahead of time. I value my sleep too much to let anyone disturb it!

It's because she's moving out, not because she paid her rent...

jayfreeman80 0

Well since you know they were there you must have woke up!!! What's the issue? YDI

Because there was absolutely no notification when the landlord was going to show up. She should have notified OP instead of letting them in without his consent. It's rude no matter what. And asking a question that you're probably not going to get an answer to is not a good reason to his YDI.

hotPinklipstick 24

I have one problem with this thread. Fallout_Guru you claim the reason you made the your/you're mistake is because you are typing with a cracked screen, yet you made the same mistake in almost every comment you posted in this thread. Now I'm no grammar nazi, and I'm also not trying to be rude. But I'm sure if you knew the different you could have distinguished between the two in at least one comment.

See, there are the annoying people who don't type real English because they're lazy and irritating, and there are people who make the odd typographical error. You can have a go at the first, but leave the second alone - none of us are perfect. Fallout_Guru, I hope you're ignoring the over-corrective plonker. :)

jayfreeman80 0

Yet ANOTHER tragedy to befall OP. LMFAO