By mightymart - 24/07/2012 10:26 - Canada - Montreal

Today, my landlord decided to have people visit my apartment since I'm moving out next month. She had warned me about potential visitors this week but didn't specify when. I work the graveyard shift and apparently the fact that I was sleeping in my room during the visit didn't bother her at all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 491
You deserved it 1 895

mightymart tells us more.

I would have stayed awake if she would have called before, not like it happens often

Top comments

Comments

OhDearBetrayal 25

Here's a tip; learn to use the correct your/you're in your sentences. There is no reason for you to not know how.

18, maybe English isn't his first language.

RedPillSucks 31
OhDearBetrayal 25

It's not about an "English test," it's about writing in a way thats pleasant to read. I'm sure no one wants to read something Lik Dis, which is what I'm talking about. It isn't really that hard to type in an r and an apostrophe, is it?

CherryLipBalm 1

Just be grateful you are moving out and won't have to deal with that landlord again(;

OhDearBetrayal 25

26- On a site which is ruled by a majority of people who do have enough basic English skills to want to write adeqently, it becomes just a tab bit annoying when someone comes around using the most common misuse of a simple word. It really brings all efforts to educate people and bring back hope in common writing crashing down. Also, it irritates the hell out of grammar nazi's, though it's not like you should try to please them, but rather better yourself.

Hope u don't sleep in the nude!!! She should have phone ahead and ask if it was ok to come at that time.

mdds 2

sleeping in the nude may be a way to end the visits.

KiiwiiRox 6

She wasn't trying to be rude, people need business and business brings money. She did also give you a heads up and it was during the day. I'm pretty sure the only thing she could of done differently was knock first to see if you were decent or not. What if you were walking around naked?

The problem with this situation is that it's still OP's living space and he wasn't notified about any visitors ahead of time except random visits without the landlord notifying OP.

OhDearBetrayal, here's a tip: next time use the *correct word format instead of being an Asshole about it.

Yes 24 hours, but that doesn't mean she can come in any time she likes during the week. She also has to knock and say she is coming in not just go in and bring people in.