By kayt240 - 04/05/2011 05:41 - Canada

Today, my husband told me that he's letting his mother move in with us. He told her it was alright without even consulting me first. I hate my mother-in-law so much that I'm contemplating divorce rather than living with her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 359
You deserved it 8 083

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Her husband is the one making important decisions without even discussing them with her, which shows just how committed he is.

I hope you hate her for a good reason, otherwise you're just being irrational. FYL anyway mothers-in-law are such a pain most of the times. :(

Comments

aren't we guys supposed to consult are wives on everything

cptmorgan15 2

Unless you want your wife to hold whatever you're doing wrong against you for the rest of your life, then yes.

mbrooks5110 0

I would more want to leave him out his lack of respect for me if I were you.

SmelloJello 9

Whatever happened to "for better or worse." People these days.

Well we don't know how the mother in law is. And she must be that bad if OPs thinking that way.

Well we don't know how the mother in law is. And she must be that bad if OPs thinking that way.

he is wrong for not speaking to you about it .... And it is your duty to yourself to tell him how unhappy you are that he did not consult you!!! If you do tell him I would make sure you stay somewhere for a few days to scare him ....!!!!!

I fully support you contemplating divorce over this. He clearly doesn't consider this marriage to be a team effort. What else will he not consult with you about--not wearing a condom when he decides it's time to have kids? Accepting a job in another country?

forkbrother13 0

stab her with scissors and say she fell running with scissors thts wat i did

Why is everyone jumping on the OP for considering divorce? Her husband made a unilateral decision affecting both of them! He probably is aware of the OPs feelings about his mother. It almost sounds like HE is the one making the first conscious move towards divorce.

RockstarRN 10

He should of talked to you first.