By Anonymous - 23/12/2016 02:26 - United States - Tucson

Today, my husband still hadn't gotten me anything for Christmas, so I bought and wrapped my own presents. Then I had my husband write 'to me, from him' on them so that I won't be embarrassed in front of my family on Christmas when it comes time to open presents. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 068
You deserved it 1 166

Same thing different taste

Top comments

No don't even do that. Embarrass him in front of everyone.

At least you didn't get a crappy gift, just a crappy husband

Comments

mcruff 12

I feel like this was a little extra, it's not Christmas yet...

Well maybe he did get you stuff for christmas, so instead of being a little bitch how about wait till Christmas, not 3 days before

Why would you try and cover for your husband like this? If you want him to ever learn from his mistake and treat you with respect, then you have to stand up for yourself and let him suffer the consequences of his own actions.

Centrifuge 8

we don't know his financial status from this post so all we know the op could be a total bitch...but I'm not hating and that really sucks sorry op!

You're not hating but you call her a potential bitch?

They're married so I'm guessing his financial status is the same as her financial status. (Yeah I know not all married couples have joint checking accounts. It still doesn't really make sense for him to not be able to afford to buy his wife presents but she can afford to buy herself some)

Cow_Girl_Lilly 24

I hate to sound like a jerk but how do you know your husband didn't get you anything yet? What if he really had something special planned up his sleeve and you just destroyed it for him? No it's different if you would've said he told you that he wasn't going to get you anything.

Maybe she does the finances and had seen he hasn't made any purchases lol

My mother-in-law does the same thing. My father-in-law isn't the best at shopping and works nonstop. By the time he gets home, he's exhausted. He does at least gives her the cash and tells her to get whatever she wants for herself. It works for them. Not everyone needs to have the same type of relationship. If the husband shows the OP he loves her other ways, what's a gift? You don't have to prove anything to your family.

Gaernem 17

Exactly. And there's no info regarding it, but maybe he's just not into Christmas and gifts. Is that really so bad?

It wouldn't be an FML if this was something they had agreed upon. If it was, there would be no problem.

Because there's no way this is exaggerated or misleading in an attempt to get on FML. "He didn't get me anything to open, what an ass! (I won't tell them about the new car he got me sitting in the driveway)"

That's terrible of him. Next time put to: me from: me since you bought them and wrapped them and picked them out. When someone asks simply say oh I bought myself gifts. Your husband doesn't care about you if he doesn't take the time to get you something or at least do something for you

Love languages douche. Every year for Christmas I tell my wife I want nothing. I want to just finally enjoy my time off with my girls. Gift <> care and no gift <> no care. I mean, there's no way it could have been an honest mistake based on miscommunication. Nobody here has any idea on their background but he's an ass for not giving her frilly things she doesn't need? Millenials at their finest.

Oh my god lmfao another thing to blame on being a "millennial"

It is not Christmas Day yet, how exactly do you know he did not get you anything? For all you know he has something special that he wants to be a surprise.

My husband and I have been married almost 25 years and we don't do presents on holidays, birthdays, or anniversaries, mainly because it feels forced. Imho try to cherish the small things - like a thoughtful conversation over coffee, a back rub, a favorite meal etc. Presents are overrated because you probably have nearly everything you need or can buy it for yourself. Presents do not equal love. Besides, who cares what your family thinks.

Some people celebrate and are really into holidays and other special occasions? Stop trying to force your opinion on the matter onto everyone else, for us gift giving is a religious thing.