By Nosexever? - 25/10/2018 13:30

Spicy
Today, my husband started a new job as an OTR truck driver. He was assigned one week of home time each month, which happens to be the same exact week my period comes every month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 150
You deserved it 247

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Talk to your doctor about moving your period with the help of the pill. It's possible.

Old towels, baby wipes, condoms, and spare bed sheets. Get all of them ready, and you don't have to wuss out on having period sex.

Comments

Find a group of people who get periods on different weeks and spend as much time as them as possible. It's likely that one of them will tweak your schedule. Back when I was hanging out with my best friend every day my cycle would sync up with hers.

Annesauce 5

Hang out with women who have different times. or go on the pill Take control of your sex life! <3

Annies 17

Not everyone can sync. I can’t. I’ve been living with my mom for years and we never synced. I’ve also had female roommates and I never synced with them either.

nentenkupo 16

Your period comes at the exact same week every month!?

But periods aren't based on calendar months, but usually 28 day cycles. So the affected week should gradually shift.

chessu 21

It may be a 4-week roster rather than a month in which case if your cycle is regular and indeed 28 days it would always fall on the same week out of the four so even though the dates change, the week doesn't.

skipthestorm 3

Uhhh, that's not how home time works for an OTR driver... Sincerely, an OTR driver.

One time I started running a bunch and my period was delayed a week after having increased my workout routine so vigorously.

Have his Fleet manager change his hometime. Assigned hometime is for horrible drivers.

That's one red light he better learn to run.

nikkiblue13 1

Menstrual discs!!! They are worth it, even if he's not home you wont wake up in a pool of blood!

If you take the pill you can choose when you have your period. Or if lucky, get depo or iud and not ever get a period.