By RIPJarJar - 20/10/2017 22:18

Today, my husband gave our three-year-old son a lesson on life and death. He did this by slaughtering our pet chicken for dinner in front of him. My son has been crying for hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 607
You deserved it 488

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think your husband may be a sociopath...

Wtf? You do not show that shit to a kid and the first time I seen that was when I was 17. Good job for traumatizing the poor kid :<

Comments

Your husband is a savage barbarian. It's bad enough that he showed your child such a thing, but the fact that it was a pet made it even worse. Hope you put him in the doghouse for a while.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drive an automobile...

This is how Vegetarians are made.. what a terrible father..

Shaibear96 9

**Obligatory vegan comment**

I don't see the problem. a lot of people would rather kill their own chickens and cook it than buy it. not a big deal. just tell the kid to get over it as this is life and this is how people eat.

You either can't read, aren't very intelligent, have zero empathy, or comprehension of empathy. So I will explain it in a way that you should be able to understand the problem, and why it IS a problem. One: The chicken was a PET. Not an animal being raised for food or slaughter- a PET. As in, an animal that one has an emotional attachment to, and is usually very important for the mental health of the owner(s). Two: Not only was the chicken a PET, OP refers to them as "OUR pet"- meaning that it was an animal that both OP and their son considered a pet, and thus a friend or even family member. Three: The husband killed he chicken, knowing that OP and child considered the chicken a member of the family, and is implied to have done so without speaking with OP about it. Four: The husband forced their child to watch him murder what he considered a member of the family. This is considered child abuse, and would be a highly traumatic event that could cause permanent damage to the child, or permanently impair their emotional development. Five: The husband is implied to have done so, again, without discussing it with the OP, and is also implied to have only told OP what he did AFTER he did it. Worse, he likely only finally said what he did because their child wouldn't stop crying and he likely found it annoying.

ashiq 4

Next gen"Dexter" getting ready..!!

evildaisy 9

i think your son gonna be vegan for now.

My Dad did the same thing!!! It traumatized me. Needless to say, I refused chicken soup that night.

Emosparks 4

YDI for marrying such a dumbass.

Under_score 8

Your husband may be insane