By RIPJarJar - 20/10/2017 22:18

Today, my husband gave our three-year-old son a lesson on life and death. He did this by slaughtering our pet chicken for dinner in front of him. My son has been crying for hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 607
You deserved it 488

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think your husband may be a sociopath...

Wtf? You do not show that shit to a kid and the first time I seen that was when I was 17. Good job for traumatizing the poor kid :<

Comments

make him pay for the therapy your son will need ??‍♀️

simcityguy09 19

What the hell is wrong with your husband? Death is something I think kids should learn as early as possible, but definitely not in that manner.

Leave now. As a child that grew up in a home like this I can tell you it won't get better and your husband will just get crazier as time goes on. Save yourself and your child a lot of trauma and get out now. That level of crazy eventually turns to you or your child.

meanwhile my two year old daughter helps my husband pluck the feathers off of the chickens we slaughter.

I see no issue with that, I think the issue is just that it was a pet, not that it was a chicken. The kid would've reacted the same way if the dad had done that to their pet cat. If the kid is raised knowing livestock is livestock they'll be like your daughter, if the animal was a pet it'd be different

No, they're both pets and food. We enjoy their company and their taste. We also have two turkeys, Tina and ike turkner, going to eat them in a month as our thanksgiving dinner. Believe it or not, you can enjoy a something as both a pet and a meal. Our chickens are super loving, fun, and an all around stress reliever, but ultimately pets came about as tools for humans. Even work horses get packaged when they die.

I was 4 when i helped ny dad slaughter our pet chickens... And look at me! I have never once been caught trying to kill a human.

My mom and her sisters helped their mother drown kittens as children. They all have horrible stories of the farm animals dying in gruesome ways. All 50+ and not one of them isn't ****** up in some way.

I get a distinct feeling you're using "pet" in the sense of "animal property", not personally-well-liked companion critter. Kind of a huge difference, that.

galacticstorm 6

"Been Caught"....We'll be seeing you in the news soon, won't we?

Yeah, your mother and aunts are sounding lovely..

What an awful father... Clearly he should not be a parent. That poor kid is probably traumatized for life ?.

If you let the kid form an attachment to this chicken and let your husband do that, wtf?? Let him cry it out, he is THREE. That is deeply traumatizing in terms of trust in his father, loss of an important thing you may have underestimated, and if denied the validity of his feelings...that's shit narcissistic parents (the clinically ill) do to their kids. High and mighty people acting like it's so horrible to teach your kids compassion for living things...or your own child.

OP called the chicken "OUR pet" meaning that they also felt an emotional attachment to it. It also sounds like the husband only told them what he had done AFTER he killed the chicken in front of their child, likely because he couldn't get the toddler to stop crying.

From the person who proudly told everyone here about drowning kittens.

Some chickens are just regular chickens, meant to be eaten- and some chickens, different breeds and such, are cool to have, they lay eggs, they eat bugs, they are good entertainment, they are pets.