By hotelbound - 21/05/2013 00:37 - United States - Florissant

Today, my house was damaged by a tornado. I called my mother to see if I could stay with her for a few days. Her response? "I warned you not to move in with a man. This is God's way of punishing you." I've been married to said man for almost a year now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 376
You deserved it 2 994

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Seriously, OP, who lives with their husband? You're such a degenerate. Tsk, tsk.

That's so horrible.. I hope you are able to find a new home soon. Your mother should be glad you are safe, not chastising you for something you're obviously committed to.

Comments

Well, they don't like birth control or abortion, so...

itzkyle 5

That tornado.. Was just incredibly horrifying. Nobody should experience something like that, but you must be really strong to stay through it. God bless.

What does tornado and husband have to do with each other? Unless of course we assume the husband is the tornado!

itsjaliciaa 5

Im Sorry But That's Kinda Funny And Unfortunate . I Hope And Pray You Have Somewere To Live Soon .

perdix 29

Let's see, God has given you a tornado and your mother. Atheism is looking a little better, huh? Plus, you get to read demonic books!

And movies. Don't forget the demonic movies.

perdix 29

#45, with the tornado and the mom, I didn't think I needed to oversell the idea.

I guess it's alright as long as they don't move in together.

It seems like OP is writing that the man is her or his husband as a justification for living with him. I mean, I agree this is a FML, but as an adult one should have the right to live with whoever he or she wants without having to say "Hey that's okay, we're married !". Like anyone cares.

FYL OP, but be thankful that you are ok and your house was only damaged and not destroyed.

To whoever voted ydi, a lot of people lost everything! So far 51 died, 7 of those people (could still rise by 20) were children at school. There is a 3 year old in the hospital and no one can find his parents. How the hell does anyone deserve a NATURAL DISASTER?? OP, I am glad you made it through this horrible tornado, and there are places that opened up free housing for the VICTIMS of the tornado. Good luck!!

RedPillSucks 31

Not that I disagree with your statement, but OP is in Missouri and the big tornado on the news was in Oklahoma. Probably different events (but still bad for OP).

I live in Oklahoma, and it's not like the tornado hit here and just disappeared. it could be the same tornado. thanks.

RedPillSucks 31

true, MI and OK share a corner and with such a large weather incident it could easily be the same thing. Point taken.

Hope everyone is safe. So sorry to hear what happened.