By hotelbound - 21/05/2013 00:37 - United States - Florissant

Today, my house was damaged by a tornado. I called my mother to see if I could stay with her for a few days. Her response? "I warned you not to move in with a man. This is God's way of punishing you." I've been married to said man for almost a year now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 374
You deserved it 2 994

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Seriously, OP, who lives with their husband? You're such a degenerate. Tsk, tsk.

That's so horrible.. I hope you are able to find a new home soon. Your mother should be glad you are safe, not chastising you for something you're obviously committed to.

Comments

Did you explain how you were born? That dirty bitch!

Does anyone else feel that OP might be a guy? And that OP's mom was condemning OP's (gay) marriage? It just seems to be a bit much for the mother to say something like that if it were a heterosexual marriage. Or, everyone else is right an OP is a girl and her mom is a religious nut (in any case). :/ Hope everything works out for you, OP. My best wishes are with you.

My thoughts exactly. I feel like if OP were a woman, the mother wouldn't really specify the gender or she would say "...that man." instead of "a man." Plus what problem would an obnoxiously religious woman's God have with her straight daughter? (I'm not Christian, so I really don't know, could someone clarify?) Either way, her mom is an raging assbitch for not helping her child in a such a time of need, regardless of her child's lifestyle.

I'm thinking OP is a woman and she lived with her man before they were married, hence the mother's objection to the relationship. I think if it were an issue of homosexuality, it would be specified. I'd also like to add that most religious parents are not like this, not to this level of crazy, anyway. My parents are devout Christians, and have barely even mentioned the fact that I live with my boyfriend. They also opened up their home to my sister and her boyfriend when they both lost their jobs, and even let them share a room. Religious people are often just ordinary people with certain values who try to raise their children according to those values, but recognize they can't force those values on their children when they grow up. It's a shame that these crazy people are the only ones your ever hear about. They give all the others a bad name.

Sadly it's the crazies and whack-jobs that people hear about, not the normal average Joe/Jane.

fatcow282 8

Christians believe that homosexuality is wrong. Now i dont agree on the religious nutcase about yelling at them there going to hell i do believe it is wrong and it gets on my nerves when people say its ok. Heck if God is pissed at anything is that people r saying its ok. Anyway thats my belief hope this awsers your question

And here I was thinking that Christianity teaches compassion and love for your fellow man. That's what the religious try and tell us anyway. Best of luck to you and your husband OP, hope you find a place to stay soon.

I'm on my way to Oklahoma City to help where ever needed if any one has any information of who to talk to if there is any organization already there it would be appreciated

Red Cross has a center open in Moore, OK. I believe you can volunteer via their website.

The only I keep seeing for Red Cross is for donations, haven't been able to get ahold of any one in the militia, I have put information out on several fb blogs that ppl were already talking about helping hopefully I can get a solid response before I get there so I can get to work right away. No luck yet

wakegrace 3

http://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/OKMOORE-7bfac3 That should be the link to sign up. Thanks for coming to help us!!!

It was just an act of God... Your mother being a ****, that is.

RedPillSucks 31

Yes, an act of God punishing OP for her (his???) lack of marital impurities.

Were you expecting her next comment to be about your "dirty pillows"? Because, DAMN.

I have crazy family like that too. They'd point out the years of me "living in sin" prior. FYL sorry you can't depend on your mom in such a hard time. That was some damage I saw on the news with the tornado.

perdix 29

News flash! Your mom didn't approve of your husband. It's all well and good to marry for love even if your parents don't approve, but you've got to know there will be consequences for defying them.

What the hell is wrong with people? I'm glad you're okay, OP. Hopefully you have other family members who are less insane, and willing to take you in. Nobody wants long-term hotel bills.