By KiraK_320 - 19/08/2016 01:15 - United States - Baton Rouge

Today, my house flooded. Hundreds of dollars worth of art supplies, multiple video game systems, academic awards from middle school, birthday cards from my deceased grandfather; it's all gone. What remained untouched? The cat's litter box, which somehow floated. FML.
I agree, your life sucks 15 255
You deserved it 1 115

KiraK_320 tells us more.

Hi everyone, OP here (well my nickname's gonna show so I'm not sure I needed to say it, but whatever)! Thanks for all the wishes and hugs. <3 First, I saw a few people ask about the cat; she's perfectly fine! And it wasn't actually my cat, it was my mom's boyfriend's... My cat and I live in Baton Rouge in an apartment with my dad, and I had just moved in there in April, so the majority of my things were here but... I had left my memorabilia box (the cards from my grandfather, a lot of childhood books and stuffed animals, the awards, etc.) at my mom and her boyfriend's house in Denham Springs (which, to any of you fellow Louisianians, you know the entire town was flooded), and I had forgotten some of my art supplies and old sketchbooks there alongside my Xbox and Wii unfortunately.Anyway, I actually have some good news: I had submitted this before I was able to go back to the house to salvage things and so when I did manage to go through the flooded stuff (after the water receded, of course), I was able to save a lot of it! Funnily enough, my Wii had been in a plastic tub that also floated, so that was safe. I got to wring out my stuffed animals, and wash them at a laundromat, and I also managed to carefully separate the flooded cards and lay them out in the sun to dry... very happy about that! Again, thanks guys :^) and to any of you that went through the flood as well, I hope you're doing ok and that your families were safe.

Top comments

I'm so sorry OP, that is absolutely tragic. I wish you and your family the very best in recovering things and getting back on your feet.

Man, that sucks. Sorry for your loss... of your things. It's never easy losing things that are important to you. Thankfully you are safe. I wish you well as you get back on your feet.

Comments

This is horrible no matter how you look at it, but this all happened because of the lack of drainage systems on the interstate barrier near the construction areas. Sorry for what happened to you especially man/woman.

No shit sherlock. If it didn't float, OP wouldn't have mentioned it.

My dad and I got lucky our house was off the ground my grandparents not so lucky they lost nearly everything my grandmother wants to move back but with the cost to rip out the walls put new walls up fix the electrical system then get new furniture it be easier for them to sell their land and move into the house next door to my aunts house

Shadowvoid 33

That new light-weight kitty litter really is something...

Cocoabear47 6

My heart goes out to you and your family ❤️❤️ sorry for your loss

So sorry to hear this. My condo building caught fire, my unit didn't burn but was smoke and watered damaged. I lost so many different types of art supplies (my art room was on the lower level that flooded when they were fighting the fire). Lost all my canvases, my mural art walls, my memory boxes from middle and high school. Sending digital hugs and love your way.

coming from Louisiana I uneaten your pain OP

I feel your pain OP as a fellow louisianian