By dca101 - 20/03/2013 02:08 - United States

Today, my girlfriend left me because our "political views don't match" when I told her we needed to share house chores now that we live together. I know, I'm lost too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 510
You deserved it 2 932

Same thing different taste

Top comments

shyeahh_fml 19

You're asking wayyy too much of her, OP.

What kind of fool are you... That is clearly sarcasm. Hence the exaggeration on 'wayyy'.

Comments

As much as that sucks, you are better off

I didn't know women's civil rights was still on the table, either. She must be Regressive.

kyoyaotori 7

There is still a lot of work being done about women's rights. However, women's right requires equality, and all that he did was try to even out the housework between them (equality). As long as both parties have an even amount of housework to do, then she shouldn't have had that sort of a reaction. There are probably two explanations to this: 1. OP was putting too much on her and not enough on himself (fixing something every so often does not equate to daily dishes) or 2. The ex-girlfriend is just crazy as I'll get out. OP, I hope you get someone better that does not pull any bull on you.

"There is still a lot of work being done about womens rights" Whatever you say, dear.

meherm 11

Women, men or whatever you are! There is absolutely nothing wrong with sharing the house chores! How else is shit gonna keep clean in the house?!

Am I the only one reading this as her NOT being lazy with housework and excepting the husband to do all of it, but having different ideals when it comes to sharing work? :s Would explain the political-bit, if her idea is to work inside the home and him outside of it. There are still old-fashioned women like that around, who prefer the idea of being stay-home domestic goddesses like their grandmothers and possibly mothers were. Nothing wrong with that. And before the flames - I am not saying all women should be housemoms (I sure as hell won't) but it might simply be her preference and not that easily changed. Then again, I might just be misreading this! Sorry OP :(

fed_up_thespian 9

Yes. Mostly because 'sharing chores now that we live together' doesn't make sense if you look at it that way. More than likely, as he is human, the op wasn't demanding that he be given half of the work because she kept her house too clean/did too much work before he moved in. Also, even 'domestic goddesses' like help with the dishes now and then.

I'm gonna take a gamble and say she leans to the left. If she's saying your political views don't match when you ask her to do some work around the house instead of doing it all for her, chances are, she's a liberal.

fed_up_thespian 9

She's lazy, not liberal. Conservatives frequently identify laziness with liberals; liberals identify laziness with lazy idiots.

Kind of teleological don't you think? she's lazy because shes liberal, and she's liberal because she's lazy. Assuming liberals are actually lazy, wouldn't incredibly liberal countries, like Denmark or Netherlands, have sky high unemployment?

Laziness is not specific to one political group, however liberals do tend to favor enabling those who wish to live on the government teet instead of work.

All she wanted was a dictatorship, and you just had to go and ruin it you damn socialist. Sharing responsibility? What a ridiculous idea.

moving in together prior to marriage is a losing situation anyway

jem970 19

Really? How do you figure that? I wouldnt marry someone without living with them first. I know plenty of couples who lived together first and they are still happily married, my parents being one couple. Dont generalize.

TorisaurusRexxx 10

I think you're better off without her ignorance.