By khaelian - 10/11/2010 17:22 - United States

Today, my girlfriend fell down the stairs and broke her ankle. She also had a bruise on her leg due to her friend biting her. I spent the night in the hospital to be there for her and support her, but I should have expected that the nurses would treat me like a criminal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 433
You deserved it 2 768

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BrandonG_fml 0
green_eyes124 0

Why did her friend bite her? Gosh, all these vampire movies and tv shows have people going crazy! : )

Comments

Ydi for saying it was accident but it was really you

If she would have listened you wouldn't have had to hit her. Maybe the nurses should start listening...

Nurses have some pretty specific training. If they see a suspicious mark or injury they will try to talk to the person -alone- to verify that everything is ok. A lot of domestic abusers are caught at the hospital and it's usually the nurse who catches them. Staying all night is good for your friend, but it makes it look like you are "guarding" her to make sure she does not get to talk about what really happened. Here are a few pointers. Go for a walk - let the nurse know you are going. Wait at least 20 minutes before coming back so they can talk to the girl and get her side of the story. Be polite - it's the nurses responsibility to make sure there is no abuse going on, she's just doing her job. If you are rude or aggressive she might think you are trying to hide something. Answer all questions honestly - especially the embarrassing ones. Its better to be embarrassed than to have to clear the whole thing up in front of a judge if you give the wrong idea and get arrested. If there was abuse or an assault, be prepared to spend at least some time in a segregated room or even in handcuffs while they verify it was not you that did it. This is rare and usually only happens in more serious cases. Just try to stay calm and remember that your friends health and safety comes first. Anyway.. sorry that you got treated badly but I think the nurse did a good job of not trusting you since she had no way to be sure that you had done nothing wrong.

Why would her friend bite her on the leg causing a bruise? I think that's not right that OP's girlfriend would let her friend put her mouth there.

Nurses are always like that, my gf is accident prone aka a klutz and when we go to the hospital they always look at me like I'm the biggest pos in the world. What do they know

Your an idiot if you believe her friend bit her. she's cheating on you!

WTF Leg bite? God, you kids are all the same.