By vanillaforme - 27/07/2013 23:07 - Canada - Toronto

Spicy
Today, my girlfriend and I attempted some bondage for the first time. Within seconds of the handcuffs being put on, I went into a serious panic attack. I was playing the dominant; my girlfriend was the one in cuffs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 086
You deserved it 15 609

vanillaforme tells us more.

Hey, OP here. Here are some more details, for those curious: - All FMLs must begin with the word "Today", but this actually happened a couple of years ago. My GF and I are still together. - Yes, it was a full-blown panic attack, and the only one I've ever had in my life. Never having experienced one before, I thought it was something like a heart attack. What got edited out of the FML was that we actaully called paramedics and I ended up in emergency. - We got the handcuffs off and some normal clothes on my GF (I was already fully clothed) before the paramedics arrived, so there was no need for embarrassing explanations. For a minute though, it was a real concern. - I still don't know what exactly the trigger was. Both my GF and I were pretty nervous and weren't really enjoying ourselves. (We should have stopped when it was clear that neither of us really wanted to continue, but we figured we would try anyway.) I think her anxiety contributed to mine, eventually leading to the panic attack. - We *did* try again a few weeks afterward, when we were both much more "in the mood." No panic attack that time, but we pretty much confirmed that neither of us liked being restrained before or during sex. We both had fantasies about this sort of thing, which is what led us to try it in the first place, but reality proved much different than our imaginations. - For those wondering, they were simple police-style handcuffs, not anything specifically made for bondage play.

Top comments

It's good you guys were spicing things up, and now you know your limits and that next time you should show some... Restraint.

As long as you have the key you are fine. Pro-tip: start panicking when the key is gone.

Comments

monster216 7

What a ridiculous reason to leave someone.

Obey_StudBoii 23

Guess you should switch rolls lmao

No... That'd probably make it worse...

Grauncho 27

To what? Dinner rolls or Hawaiian sweet rolls?

I would say you paniced due to the fact that your mind though she was in danger. You should be embarrassed about it, but proud to. You just found out you have a feminine side.lol

As someone prone to anxiety and panic attacks, I don't get why people are saying that OP should be embarrassed or his girlfriend should move on. You can't choose when to have a panic attack, and anyone who thinks less of him for it probably wasn't a good partner anyway.

At least you care about her safety...? :)

Stop being a girly man!! I did the handcuff thing my ex girl once but She got out of them without the key. That was Hott!!

OP, I'm sorry you had a panic attack in such a delicate moment. I hope that your girlfriend is supportive of you and that this won't hinder future attempts of light bondage. And to those saying the OP is a pussy: **** you. If you knew what it's like to have a panic attack, you'd know better than to insult him.