By t.hughes - 01/04/2013 14:50 - United States

Today, my fiancé dumped me because he claimed he needed to "focus on his career and his engagement." When I asked him how dumping me would help with his engagement, he immediately replied with, "No, I mean my other one." FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 674
You deserved it 3 693

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like you're better off without him.

It's a good thing he told you before the walk down the aisle. It's a lot less paperwork and fees to deal with.

Comments

perdix 29

He should blow off his career and focus on his bigamy. If he does it right, he can mooch off his two wives and never work a day in his life. Things will be cool until their cycles sync and he becomes the brunt of PMS in stereo.

Actually I think that their cycles syncing would be a positive, since then he'd only have to deal with PMS on the same timetable as a monogamist. Otherwise, he'd have to deal with it for up to twice as long a month...

perdix 29

#44, if they didn't sync up, he'd NEVER have to deal with it! He'd just be monogamous with the one who is good to go, while the one on her period spends a few nights in the garage.

at least you learned this in the engagement. go and find someone whos worth it! and if he did mean another girl, maybe you should warn him about how much he likes to "focus on other engagements"

Wow. He is such a douche. I'm sorry OP. You're better off without him!

I feel like there are too many FMLs where OP gets dumped where they're the back up relationship. It's sad that a lot of people don't understand the meaning of monogamy, being exclusive, etc. I really feel for all these OPs who are cheated on & used. I hope OP realizes she deserves better.

KingCeltic77 18

Real sorry OP, but look on the bright side; at least you found out he was a douche now before you got married before its too late. You're better off without him.

3rdbass 9

His career goal is to be a professional douche bag. Looks like he's off to a good start. Just be thankful you wern't married with kids before finding out, OP.

McNikk 15

If this is an April fools joke (I doupt it) than it's one of the most cruel and inconsiderate ones I've ever heard. Still an fml.

What a jerk. Both you and his "other fiancé" deserve better.