By probablyadopted1 - 04/05/2016 16:39 - United States - Houston

Today, my family savagely mocked me to the point of tears, all for using "big", "fancy" words like "accommodations" and "hospitality". FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 385
You deserved it 1 474

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DeadxManxWalking 27

look at all the big fancy accomodations that you require in order to function. the hospitality is unfathomable.

Comments

I'm sorry. My abusive mother raised us all to believe that it was normal for families to belittle each other. I hope you can get out on your own & truly understand someday that real love isn't *mean*.

man_in_black08 28

There is a reason why Trump wants to make America great again...clearly some parts or families arent winning with their education.

This post is about OP, not your political views

wordygirl 11

Maybe they would have preferred "stuff" for accommodations and " nice" for hospitality. Sad, I recommend you continue using more colorful words of our language.

kingdomgirl94 29

Sorry, I read it as "I recommend you for using the more colourful language". That's my bad. I'll take my down votes in stride.

Just point out how stupid they are

You should have hit them with "bruh that's grade 6 vocabulary and you try to mock me for knowing basic language at least I more than you idiomatic dumbasses"

My roommate calls me hoity toity for using "big words" like ambience, melodramatic, and ostentatious. We're both adults. People like her and your family probably feel insecure about not understanding the words, so they resort to insults to feel better about themselves.

you took the ap english test didn't you?

TodayIsNotTheDay 4

That's awful. Family is supposed to have your back when no one else does. Forget them, OP. They're just jealous because they couldn't keep up without a dictionary. Keep it up with that broad vocab. You don't have to limit your greatness just to fit into someone else's box.

kingdomgirl94 29

I have to laugh (and roll my eyes a little) when FML's like this are posted. Not because there's anything wrong with the FML, but because suddenly the comments section becomes filled with people trying to prove that they too know "big words". The comments go from the usual puns and arguments to people digging up the biggest words that they can think of and trying to use them in their comments. It's always funny to see what everyone comes up with... some people are less successful than others.

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Pretty funny coming from the person who doesn't know the difference between recommend and commend.

kingdomgirl94 29

I know the difference, it was just a misread. If you look, I've apologized. The wording of the sentence threw me off.