By thanatophobia - 15/03/2010 00:20 - France

Today, my deranged coworker sent me a text message containing a picture that she just took of her uncle. It was at his funeral. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 028
You deserved it 2 017

Same thing different taste

Top comments

why did u give her/him your number??

thoughtcrimeno1 0

judging from some of these posts i assume that it has become perfectly acceptable to: 1) insult the departed by circulating pictures of their lifeless bodies to strangers that could care less and 2) shrug off said picture without a second thought about the sender's sanity. you can just delete the pic, but not "unsee what has been seen."

Comments

amayasoma 19

Well did this so said coworker know of your fear? If not don't blame it entirely on them. I highly doubt they were being douche-ish. And if he/she knew of your fear, delete the pic and move on. It's just a picture. Not going to kill you.

LtHoward 0

I agree, just delete the picture and move on.

Fminetoo 0

I feel bad for the OP, with your phobia and all, but it makes me wonder how this FML get's through, but the one i sumbitted before didn't. Heres my prior FML Today, we were told by the professor about a group project. All of us exchanged numbers and email. I now have gotten 15 phone calls, and had 4 emails sent to me, by one weired older creep. FML

hihoney07 0

Don't get it. explain more in your stories people!

asquithpat 0

yea..thats y there not published

Giorgio272 2

yikes creepy bitch. sounds like she would be freaky in the sack. I say sleep with her then be a bitch could make for some interesting times at work.

My father does this. He takes pictures at funerals, some of the body but mostly of family members since, as he says, "everybody's all dressed up". Nobody confronts him while he's doing this as they don't want to disrupt or cause a scene at a somber occasion. It's not the picture taking as much as the fact that we've all asked him to stop and he just does it anyway. Not sure why your co-worker would want you to see that, with or without a phobia. Sorry.

redbeater 5

How is this an FML? what a waste!

Tell me, how would YOU reply to a text like that? is it even okay to reply? why is she even using her phone at that time? grosss! ive heard of some people taking video.. I thought those things were private /:?

some religions it's custom to take pictures of the deceased. some people pose with them too, it goes back to the Victorian days google momento Mori. google will correct me.

Send her 2girls1cup related videos (1guy 1 cup; 2 girls 1 finger; 2 gays 1 horse; etc).

madmonkeykilla 0

thatcwould getting a picture of a dead person when your immensly afraid of death:(

It could be more obvious why this is an FML; the OP also deserves it because it's their fear; thirdly, you aren't deranged for scaring someone... And for the love of God, stop having a conversation in the comments because it's pathetic.