By gilbirds - 07/02/2013 00:49 - United States - Marysville

Today, my dad took me to the empty parking lot of Wal-Mart to try driving for the first time. All was well until he shouted at me for going too slow, which startled me into jerking the wheel and simultaneously stomping on the gas. I don't think Geico covers a Wal-Mart-sized dent in one's car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 917
You deserved it 5 870

gilbirds tells us more.

OP here! I can't believe this got posted. Moreover, I can't believe I forgot to log in. *facepalm* For those commenting about there being no such thing as an empty Wal-Mart parking lot, it was the rarely-used back lot where virtually no one goes. So it was deserted enough for a rookie's practice.

Top comments

15 minutes in the Walmart parking lot didn't save you money on car insurance huh..

I would like to say it only gets better while driving with parents.. But it doesn't. Better luck next time, OP.

Comments

Odd. The first lesson I got in the classroom before ever getting behind the wheel was: Don't drive into buildings. Did you miss the first class by chance?

stevo918 3

Should've saved money on your car insurance by putting your car into reverse and driving away

Is that what you do? Hit and run? Leave the scene of an accident? Great advice. When they catch you, and they will catch you, you won't be able to get insurance at all that's not hi-risk. Unless your joking. Then it's hilarious and okay to advise kids to commit crimes.

KiddNYC1O 20

You have to get a cousin or a cool uncle to teach you, like I did.

What I don't understand is why you took the trouble to go to a big empty car park to practice and then drove anywhere near a building.

Not all. My dad was an excellent teacher. (Thanks, Dad. RIP) But... now I can appreciate why he started going gray, then.

squideth 18

I was waiting for some lowlife sexist to say this.

aiiras 8

When I was sixteen, my father and I were in a school parking lot. It was empty for the most part. I was headed straight in a fence and my dad want me to turn left, I ran into the fence with my dad screaming at me. I was going 5mph and scratched up the front end of his two week old new truck.

Walmart needs a drive thru.... tell them you are a. part of the marketing dept. and it is a newconcept.. send them a bill

Pensu 12

Advice to anyone planning on teaching someone how to drive: don't yell at them! Why would startling someone behind the wheel of a machine they are not used to be a good idea?!