By duhasiangirl - 15/11/2012 00:48 - Canada - Cambridge

Today, my dad put an onion in my room, telling me spirits won't haunt me and that I won't get sick. He thinks a vegetable will protect me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 307
You deserved it 2 743

Same thing different taste

Top comments

secretsymbiote21 5

onions make them cry. your dad is a smart man.

Well, if you were a spirit, would you like to haunt a smelly room? I think not.

Comments

kassafrass 4

My ex's grandma did the same thing one time when he had a cold.

I'm afraid, Is it late grandma or ex grandma

A home remedy for fevers is supposedly to slice an onion in half and sleep with the sliced side on the bottom of your feet in socks. Heard a lot of people claim it works. Glad I usually keep Motrin in the house though. Don't think I'd get the courage to face the smell and try it.

If you cut an onion in half and keep it by your bed when you're sick it'll absorb all the germs and bacteria and you'll start feeling better. Google it. It's interesting. As for spirits. Idk about that. Lol

All of that onion hullaballo about it turning black when out in a room with a sick person was actually all false. A made up story.

Definitely not false. The reason the onion changes color is due to the bacteria caught within it. It's a proof positive home remedy.

It's actually a proven study that onions absorb viruses from the air. The haunted thing, not so sure of.

PsychoBitch666 8

Sounds like something my mum could have done. Every time I'm ill, feel down or tired, she wants to give me a healing. Try put onions under his pillow.

AngelicTide 11

Actually it should be garlic (according to mythology). Not sure what onions are suppose to protect against. Your dad is weird if he actually believes that.

Lol. Then when you wake up in the middle of the morning, just pass him and make a fake cough and sneeze. Then turn around a scream "leave me alone" then run away from him really fast like you are being chased by something. See what his reaction would be!

Sounds like he has some mixed notions about what it's actually supposed to guard against, but I think it's sweet gesture if he truly believes it. As long as it doesn't have too strong of an odor, just keep it so he can sleep better.

perdix 29

He ought to add some garlic to keep away the vampires. With that blend, not only will he keep spirits and vampires from invading your bedroom, but also . . . boys. There's the protection from disease, including pregancy and slutty reputation.