By Anonymous - 29/06/2016 14:42 - United States - Pardeeville

Today, my dad might be dead. I'm basing this solely on the fact that he hasn't called recently to verbally abuse me as he often does. He constantly beat me as a child, yet now I'm kind of worried for the piece of shit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 311
You deserved it 1 253

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kr1ket927 15

It sucks having a good heart. We even worry about the assholes. FYL OP =/

So pick up the phone and call if you are that worried about him... It may not change his behavior, but it might settle your fears.

Comments

I applaud your personality. It seems your heart is glowing with love and forgiveness, a rare trait after being mistreated by a piece of garbage like that. However, don't let yourself be a doormat. If he calls you to verbally abuse you, why not block them? Change your number? You can forgive his actions, but don't be pushed over and continue to be hurt by them. It's great that you're looking out for him, but I would suggest removing yourself from the relationship once you find out what's going on.

Finger slipped, sorry for pressing YDI.

I didn't have the greatest relationship with my dad growing up either, but he died 3 weeks ago, and I miss him like crazy. We never know how much time we have in this world, so use that time wisely. Try and reconcile.

There's "not the greatest relationship" and then there's "abusive monster". Bit of a gap between the two.

I... don't know how to properly respond to this...

it's America get a gun to see if he's OK when he starts belittling you and you've had enough be glad you had your trusty side arm to dispose of him, in stead of going home and cooling down.

call him and address him harshly if he replies. he might feel.

You feel that way because you're a good person, OP, and that's a wonderful thing. Your dad's time will come as it does for everyone. You may feel bad (survivor guilt is a thing, and so is neurotic guilt from abuse) but you should know you have nothing to feel guilty about, ever, even if you wish him dead every single day.

So instead of calling the police or relatives close to him, you post an FML.

You've got a big heart OP. But if he is dead, after a while you'll be quite relieved.

middlenamefrank 8

You are truly a better man than I, Gunga Din.