By arthise - 09/10/2013 07:03 - United States - Evansville

Today, my boyfriend won a diamond engagement ring through a citywide competition. Instead of proposing to me, he's selling it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 027
You deserved it 17 183

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The_Big_Boss 20

He is not obligated to propose just because he won a ring. Sorry

Comments

Yeah it sucks but you shouldnt expect it, especially if you two arent on the same page

thrlyrist 6

It probably would have been another FML had he proposed to you with that ring. Perhaps he wanted to use the money to buy you something more personalized? Today, my boyfriend decided to propose with a ring he won at a competition instead of getting me a personalized one. FML.

You guys need to have a serious talk about your relationship and future.

toxxickittyy 19

There are things we don't know here. For one, what if they have only been together a few months? Like lets say 5 months max, do you people still think he should propose? I don't. OP's boyfriend may also not be ready for marriage, and if he is, he may want to get her a special ring, not just one that he won through a competition. If my fiancee had won a ring and then decided to propose to me just because he won it, I would have said no. There is no thought or love in that. "Hey guiz i won a ring time to get engaged." No.

Demanding that he needs to propose to you shows that you aren't ready for marriage.

buttcramp 21

i would have sold it too! i loved picking out my wedding ring myself! it was only like 90 bucks from james avery. the money can be used on anything

Even if he's not ready for marriage, he should have kept it for the future (Unless he already bought one)

Maybe He'll Surprise You ! Or Maybe He's Not Ready To Be Married Yet