By TLT - 16/11/2009 18:12 - United States

Today, my boyfriend came over to celebrate our anniversary. He had a card written in crayon with my name spelled wrong, and a basket I had seen his mother throw in the trash filled with flower petals ripped from my mom's garden. Our anniversary was 3 days ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 469
You deserved it 5 841

Same thing different taste

Top comments

g_love_glove 0

It sounds like he did great, your boyfriend is 5 years old, right?

It doesn't say you dated for long, but he sounds like a really crappy guy. On the other hand, crayons are cute, the thought counts, then again, if he fails to spell your name...oh god

Comments

Skull_300 0

**** that! Send the asshole for carryout. When he leaves, go out and celebrate your independence and get LAID!!!

Wow, that's so romantic, I need to get a girlfriend so I can try it on her, too! Careful not to get him stolen away, he'll be a hit with the ladies that's for sure!

OhHerrrooo 0

OP, most guys forget the aniversery. The flower petals were nice but then with your name spelled wrong... That's just... Sad

OP, don't bitch around. Admit you made a mistake in picking a boyfriend, dump him, and go on with your life. If you enjoy this kind of treatment then you'll stay with him but then don't bitch to others about the way he treats you.

3 days late, spelling the name wrong, and gifts from trashcans is not trying its oh shit i forgot and put something together in 5 minutes

i love how all the guys say he tried and all the girls are like what an ass hole. guys forget. he didnt try he hurried to look like he did he should of just admitted he forgot its not really his fault.

and all the people who call you a bitch, they are stupid and have no life, if they had a bf/gf theyd be a little upset too, but since all they can do is be mean on fml they defiantly dont have a bf/gf

first off, who gives a **** about relationship aniversaries? it's marriage aniversaries that really count. second, it's the thought that counts, you shallow *****. wat did u expect? a ring made out of pure gold with a diamond on it? my god, women these days

I don' know what you're smoking, but you need to revise your logic here. I totally agree that dating anniversaries shouldn't be celebrated with extravagance and expensive things. In all honesty, I don't think anyone from either side should feel entitled to expensive gifts just because they're with someone, but the OP's situation is just downright insulting. It would be one thing if he just couldn't afford anything or honestly did forget, or even wanted to pass it up, but he ruined SOMEONE ELSE'S garden and pulled something out of the trash in a half-ass effort to salvage an anniversary gift. What it would say to me, at least, is "here's some shitty thing I put together last second just to shut you up." That's disrespectful and the OP has every right to be angered.

She probably expected a timely gift like a book or a cd, maybe a nice dinner. I know I've asked for books off my Amazon wishlist from my bf for holidays, or inexpensive appliances for my apartment.

you're a moron and a ********. she expected him to put in some effort, she didn't expect some extravagant gift, just something not insulting! also, people do care about relationship anniversaries cos they're important too. what, you think couples who aren't married yet are irrelevant? are unworthy? don't deserve their partners to be romantic? wtf is wrong with you.

Silentknight 0

and I think brianjman14 is going to die alone xD