By Anonymous - 05/08/2015 06:13 - United States - Brookfield

Today, my boyfriend broke up with me because he wasn't feeling our two-month relationship was up to par with his parents' 30-year marriage, and, furthermore, I wasn't similar enough to his mother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 196
You deserved it 2 145

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And so another victim of the Opedipus complex.. Sounds like you lucked out OP, your now ex would probably have had standards very hard to live up to down the road.

Sorry OP, but like people always say: men marry women like their mothers and women marry men like their fathers.

Comments

mrslegume 8

Count yourself lucky you got out after just 2 months, you would have nothing but regret if you continued with this guy.

sounds like you dodged a bullet there op!

msmedieval 11

Thank the bastard you're out! You don't need a mama's boy, especially one who'll keep comparing everything you do to his mother. Time to keep a real man.

EdenZombies 9

I just went from sad for you, to shocked, to happy for you, while reading that. Glad you're rid of that idiot. Sounds more like a win for you. You can get two months back.

Girl, you should be happy as Hell that you got out of that relationship this soon. I couldn't even imagine the depths of the crazy in your ex boyfriend's family! He did you a favor honey so just keep that in mind if you start to get upset. Him and his family have levels of crazy that any mental hospital would love to have them stay for!

bad_boyfriend 10

It sounds like this dude did you a favor

Be glad, very glad, the universe is watching over you. Men who want a second mother are not boyfriend/serious relationship material.