By Anonymous - 05/08/2015 06:13 - United States - Brookfield

Today, my boyfriend broke up with me because he wasn't feeling our two-month relationship was up to par with his parents' 30-year marriage, and, furthermore, I wasn't similar enough to his mother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 196
You deserved it 2 145

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And so another victim of the Opedipus complex.. Sounds like you lucked out OP, your now ex would probably have had standards very hard to live up to down the road.

Sorry OP, but like people always say: men marry women like their mothers and women marry men like their fathers.

Comments

You can blame human genetics for this. People are more attracted to people who share traits with the parent of the gender they are attracted to, with facial features being one of the biggest biological components. Seeking people with personality traits similar to those of that parent is more socially triggered than genetically, though. Either way, better to get out of the relationship now than him try to make you pick up those traits. Still, break ups suck, hope you do okay.

fallen_dragonkin 12

that is a lucky escape even if it doesn't feel like it now

Damn, Freud would have a field day with that one.

saffy66 34
sailorarctic 22

dodged a bullet OP. You're not his mother anyway and if that's what hr's looking for is a woman to replace his mom he's going to be alone a long time.

I think you dodged a bullet there OP! Would have only gotten worse down the road!