By EosThorn - 02/10/2014 01:33 - Sweden - V?xj?

Today, my best friend, who I've been in love with for nearly a decade, asked me to help him set up an online dating profile. During our 4-hour conversation, as he waded through the profiles, he complained that it was impossible for him to find a girl to have a meaningful conversation with. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 292
You deserved it 6 694

EosThorn tells us more.

OP here. I don't know if I'm doing this correctly, but here goes. Thank you for the encouraging comments, even the harsh ones. I'm aware of how ridiculous this sounds... Trust me. I have two good female friends who I'm sure are tired of me harping away on this. It hasn't been years of me staring at him through foggy windows, all sad. I've dated other people and so has he. It wasn't easy because truly, I love him. Circumstances just didn't allow for us to be together... Whether he wanted to or not. So, I chose to keep his friendship and not risk it. We are adults now and things have changed. It's perfect, but I feel like so much time has passed that he no longer sees me as a girl he'd want to be with now that its possible. We have a special bond and as much as it devastates me to think he would reject me, it would kill me to see everything we have just turn into something ugly.

Top comments

Make your own profile and get his attention, OP!

These guys are saying to make your own profile, which is cute and all, but what if he finds someone else's before yours? No, the best option is to be upfront and talk to him about your feelings.

Comments

r_bruce69 19

I think it's safe to say you've wasted A LOT of your time

You sound very loyal, which is hard to find now a days. Hopefully you tell him and he realizes how lucky he is! Good luck!

The friend zone is no fun OP Tell them how you feel and break free!!! Until then FYL..

If you don't tell him how you feel, he might never figure it out. Make a move.

Axel5238 29

So OP in ten years has he never shown interest? If he hasn't move on, you are wasting your time if he's never given you any reason to think so and if you keep "dreaming" something will happen. You've had a long enough chance to either mention it or to find out if he has any feelings. Move on.

That's not "reverse friend zoning", that's just plain friend zoning.

He probably has no idea that you like him. Take the first step! You never know untill you try.

you've been friendzoned so long and so bad sorry to call it that but it's almost unhealthy I suggest moving on no matter how bad I understand it might be hard actually doing it but long term your gonna be so much better off