By VDM - 03/06/2013 21:16 - France - Poissy

Today, my 6-year-old son was so angry at me for not buying him overpriced candy at the airport that he told a security guard I had a machine gun in my suitcase. The interrogation was not pleasant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 609
You deserved it 8 228

Same thing different taste

Top comments

EdwardC777 9

That beyond blows. Airport security isn't fun when you're NOT being accused of smuggling firearms

when he goes into the next grade, tell the teacher he lies about everything he says and to never ever trust him, *wink*

Comments

MooseKnuckle5150 13

Whatever happened to spankings? Not abuse, just a good swat on the ass to correct a kid and move on. They worked on me and my siblings. And just about every other kid we knew growing up. Worse was our friends parents had permission to spank us too. And if we needed it there, we got it again when we got home.

KingCeltic77 18

Problem is though that this kid will probably come up with some BS like "My daddy beats me".

these kids nowadays have never heard of a good Jamaican ass whooping.yea it hurts like shit when you're little and you swear they hate you. but this generation needs some DISCIPLINE. parents are letting their kids get away with everything in fear of "abuse" charges. for little stuff talk and explain. telling airport security that your parent/guardian is a threat? your butt will meet the belt, and comb, and hand....and hanger. go ahead and call cps. you'll end up getting more before they arrive.

lb0812 18

Lol sounds like my mom, @52. In the midst of a spanking once, I threatened her with child services. Without skipping a beat, she told me she'd gladly dial the number for me. Then she handed me the phone and resumed the spanking. Ah, memories :,)

@52 It's not even fear of abuse charges. People just don't care what their kids do.

That's when you leave him at the airport so he can have his candy, and you go on your merry way

How does a 6 year old even come up with that? My niece is 6 and has no idea what a gun is.

Little boys play soldier, cowboys and bandits, cops and robbers, etc. Media, even when using guns in a friendly / fun context, gives children the concept behind guns.

good point. I guess that when I was that little, neither me not my brother would have never even thought of pulling a stunt like that.

both my 6 and 8 year old daughters know what a gun is and how to safely handle and shoot one. farm livin' is the life

every child's different tho . My sister is 5 & knows what a gun is , lol .

I dare suggest that mom is letting tv substitute her parental duties. Where else would a 6 year old learn that airports and guns don 't go together?

RedPillSucks 31

OP is a man, not a woman. Unless you somehow think it's only the womans job to raise the child. As an FYI, people can parent their children AND the child can still know about the world. 6yr olds are not stupid. They can figure out what's going on. My kid was 6 when the trade center bombings happened. We were in the car when news broke in on what we were listening to. Somethings are not easily avoided.

The fact he knew how to do that bewilders me. I mean what 6 year old knows that if he tells a security guard that, that you would get in trouble?

@#17 One who was born in today's day and age... I totally agree with you! I'm constantly bewildered by children these days and their sick new tactics.

olpally 32

They actually believed a 6 year old? Wtf? Unreal.

I agree i mean why would a mother be onboard with a machine gun? Its so stupid, besides im sure the simple scan of the lugage would have found a machine gun if there was one, which of course there isnt.

Because people think little kids are trustworthy and won't lie...apparently not

muffinkitty 15

I'm guessing its just a policy they have to take all threats seriously.

Its idiotic really. A child's testimony in court is dismissable under the age of 8 due to the lack of ability to grasp the difference between reality and imagination. Why on earth would security believe a 6 year old? They're at least medium level retarded.

RedPillSucks 31

Because they're ****** if they let the one thing slide and it turns out that the kid was telling the truth. Why do you think they submit 80yr old grandma to the same search as everyone else, or search baby carriages. Every potential threat has to be taken seriously. Also, it's quite possible to get a gun through the metal detectors.

#27, you're right. If another has kids, she is Not a threat. That's why you go to a lady with kids if you're lost.

They can't really take anything in that category lightly..

Hope you weren't going out of the country

A spank in this situation is not uncalled for.

Ive seen some mothers do a lot worse for a lot less.

Just do what the kid says and no one gets hurt.

Michael_92 20

That is how you end up with a child that will NEVER respect you and will take advantage of you.

Iknoweverything 29

Is a spanking enough? No. I think he should NEVER get candy, EVER again. And if someone else gives it to him, take it from him, and eat it in front of him.

That would be cruel but so deserved.