By MissShei - 11/03/2013 08:37 - United States - Windham

Today, my 3 year old woke up at 2 am and refused to go back to sleep unless she could sleep with her father and me. Normally we would have said no, but both of us being so tired, we said yes. She slowly kicked me out of my side of the bed and now I have to sleep on the couch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 287
You deserved it 15 550

MissShei tells us more.

OP here. She has recently been having nightmares and keeping us up half the night. We were both exhausted so we said fine. I got up to go pee and when I came back, she had thrown my pillow on the floor and completely took over my side of the bed. If I moved her, she would've started screaming again and I just wanted sleep. I let her father deal with her at that point! I did sleep well for the rest of the night :)

Top comments

It's clear who wears the pants in this family . . . and they come from Gap Kids.

BubbleGrunge 18

OP, I'm sure you got better sleep than your hubby did by sleeping on the couch. Sleeping with a three year old isn't exactly restful!

Comments

My oldest started having nightmares around that age too; it's tough. Good luck getting everyone to sleep through the night!

The best choice is to never start that no matter what. My parents started that and I ended up sleeping on a blanket on their bedroom floor until the age of five or six. Try having sex with a kid right there for years.

OP- you've been Electra-cuted and bed-booted by a cute lil Electra!!

BellaBelle_fml 23

So you're saying that the OP's 3 year old daughter is jealous of her mother's affection and sexual attraction towards her father, wants to kill her father to get him out of the way, and live happily ever after alone with her mother?

Someone else commented saying she has an electra complex. I have 2 degrees in psychology and I can say FOR SURE that my daughter is a normal 3 year old who seeks comfort from her parents after having a nightmare. I'm sure 99.9% of the commenters here have done that as a child.

OP, I know your pain; however, in my case it was my father who kicked me off the bed. I was like your daughter and would curl up beside him when I was much younger because of nightmares, too. I would wake up lying on the floor sore.

raspberryboo 10

smdh you needed to wake yo child up and tell her to sleep in her own bed. you should not let a 3 yr old run you .

OP commented earlier saying it was a one-time thing. The kid had nightmares that night. If it became habitual, that's one thing, but comforting a child after a night terror is just a parental duty.

Llama_Face89 33

Clearly you are not a parent and I sincerely hope that never changes.

aruges93 12

Oh my boyfriends daughter does that when she stays with us too it drives me nuts cause she sleeps crazy and cries if she can't be with her dad, but she pees in the bed so its best to not let her sleep with us

aruges93 12

It's not because she has nightmares though its just cause she's spoiled

Thr33to16 8

If you don't have the huevos to stand up to your own 3 year old, you deserve it. No pity for you.