By badparent - 08/04/2013 04:26 - Australia - Southport

Today, my 16-year-old son convinced my 14-year-old daughter that she wasn't allowed to use the ladies bathroom at the shopping centre, because she wasn't wearing a dress like the girl on the sign. He told her girls in pants always used the other one. She believed him. This is my legacy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 059
You deserved it 6 922

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iarefatal 9

However if a boy wears a dress he can still go to the girls bathroom. This is a fact!

Doesn't he know it's actually the largely untrue stereotype that all women were a cape to the bathroom?

Comments

gullibility is associated with innocence right? Right?! Look on the bright side your son was making your daughter more feminine!

skulltorn 8

Wait wtf, how is innocence a feminine trait?

15, Judith Butler would not approve your statement.

Really though, for a teenager to be that painfully ignorant, the parents have got to take some blame for it.

I hope you punished him and told her not to be so gullible. And I mean punished by taking his phone and the power chords to his computer and his console!!

MzZombicidal 36

That's just cruel! Especially for a harmless joke.

Well, THAT seems rather extreme, don't you think?

There are only two ways this could have happened...your daughter isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, or your son is the most persuasive man in history.

Mr25_fml 14

Why not both? *Mexican music plays*

How can she be 14 and not have used a public or even school bathroom before? Don't most of them have these signs?

He could have convinced her that she's been using the wrong bathroom all of her life. Since we don't know what he said, we can only infer.

I wonder whose fault it is that your children are so screwed up.

Well. If his son is smart enough to bullshit someone and succeed. I think he was doing something right.

Policitian in the making, he's already good at convincing others of BS

your son ma'am is s comedian in the making.

MzZombicidal 36

Hey, that's clever. Be proud!

Perhaps it is time to do a little parenting and teach your daughter a little bit about the world..

Or some praise for being able to convince someone this. Perhaps he has the gift to talk a horse to a lake and drink from it too!