By Anonymous - 04/03/2010 20:00 - United States

Today, it was my one year anniversary with my boyfriend. We had dinner reservations to an expensive restaurant and planned to see a movie after. At least, we did, until he called to tell me he'd volunteered to work tonight. He won't get off until 2am. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 913
You deserved it 3 531

Same thing different taste

Top comments

yeah but HE voulenteered. on their annaversery night. sooo that does suck, because he didnt have to go to work.

perdix 29

Take another guy to the expensive restaurant and you'll get off way before 2 am. Several times, if you are lucky! ;)

Comments

I sort of get why you're upset but it's honestly not a big deal. Just go out with him the next day... You shouldn't get all pissy for doing the exact same thing another day.. just because it's not that exact day.

Seriously? -_- It's not the fact she didn't get to go on that day, it's that her boyfriend promised to take her to dinner, yet he volunteered to work that night, even though he knew he had plans. Have I gotta explain this to everybody that's calling her selfish and 'shallow'? :S

Igor_g5 0

I figure that you should spend time with the people you love while you can. You can't be sure that there will be a tomorrow. How would he feel if it turned out tha tonite was his last chance to see her alive.

youthink_fml 0

You should be happy. He's trying to make some extra money. You can go out to dinner any night. Stop being so selfish and illogical.

youthink_fml 0

#118, You sound like a real winner. Some women are always looking for revenge or anything they can use to get their own way. I bet you withhold sex too.

Jesus H Tapdancing christ! OP, are you that f-ing shallow! He's is probably working so much to either: A. Avoid having to spend time with your sorry, yet whiny, arse. B. Working to keep you materialistic Paris Hilton wannabe ass happy! Either way, you are still a whiner.

WHAT! XD What the ****? XD 'Oh my God, you're upset that your boyfriend promised you dinner then skipped out on it? How SHALLOW!' So, it's shallow to expect your boyfriend to keep a promise now? :P It's shallow to judge someone on their personality and hwo they act? xD Brilliant.

Oh get over it. It's only a one year anniversary. Why don't you volunteer with them?

hint. Hint. HINT. I don't blame him, either.

dump his arse! he could be cheating on you for all you know

maybe he needs to work more hours to pay for your expensive dinner. just reschedule, not an fml

149 do you even know what volunteer means? Now who the **** he think he is to do volunteer work until 2am? Jesus? And seriously why the **** you all jumping on OP? Volunteer work until 2am on the day of their anniversary? for real? she has all the right to bitch about it cos it sounds like he is cheating on her.