By Anonymous - 04/03/2010 20:00 - United States

Today, it was my one year anniversary with my boyfriend. We had dinner reservations to an expensive restaurant and planned to see a movie after. At least, we did, until he called to tell me he'd volunteered to work tonight. He won't get off until 2am. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 913
You deserved it 3 531

Same thing different taste

Top comments

yeah but HE voulenteered. on their annaversery night. sooo that does suck, because he didnt have to go to work.

perdix 29

Take another guy to the expensive restaurant and you'll get off way before 2 am. Several times, if you are lucky! ;)

Comments

57 your **** are masssive... I LIKE THEM!!!!!

your not married so who cares about anniversaries????

whatsername717 0

i know what its like. i just got dumped so he could work all the time. we made plans and conveniently there was an "emergency" at work and he just HAD to go. and i know he was at work, cuz i saw him lol

oh i think he won't "get off" til next year! lol

whatshernuts 0

Honestly, I think that's what you ought to get if you're making such a big deal out of a one-year anniversary.. I can understand going all-out for five years, sure. But you don't need to go on some big expensive romantic date to have a good time, especially over dating for just 12 months. No doubt you're in high school. Why take things so seriously? Just hang out for your one-year anniversary and enjoy each other, isn't that the whole reason you're involved in the first place anyway?

But she's annoyed cos he skipped out on her date! They're not even gonna hang out for cheap, because he volunteered for work despite having plans. That's the FML.

whatshernuts 0

I know that. But it doesn't mean they can't hang out another day. It sucks that the plans got messed up but I was simply saying I don't think dating for just 12 months really needs to be so celebrated anyway.

FightOfYourLife 0

cheap.he just didn't want to spend all that money

Unless the guy's job is in serious peril, the OP has reason to be pissed. If the whatever money he'd make working over time in one day was THAT important, they'd be having a cozy dinner at home and not making reservations at an expensive restaurant. Yes, it is important to show initiative at work, but its also important to be dependable to the people you love.