By mikey09 - 17/01/2010 05:37 - United States

Today, it was my first day at my new job, which requires you to wear a special shirt. Come to find out, they only have medium sized shirts. I'm an XL. They demanded I wear the shirt anyway. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 632
You deserved it 9 291

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hermyoni 0

Just because he wears an XL shirt does not in any way mean the guy is fat. He could have broad shoulders or muscular arms. Or maybe just be fit and like the extra room. Most built guys where L or XL shirts and even if he had a tummy so what. A medium is too small for most guys to be wearing anyway.

Pssht, you should have "worn" it on one arm, or as a bandana, or something like that. Just in case their store policy isn't specific enough for that eventuality, which is a good possibility.

Comments

Same thing happened to me. When I started a job, all they had was extra smalls and refused to order more until the next month. I showed up to work every day with that micro shirt safety-pinned to a nasty old hoodie since the rule was you could wear whatever you wanted under it...I had a uniform that fit within a week.

you ppl are ******* idiots, he doesnt have to be overweight for this to be an FML. everyone who thinks that he is a whiner or overweight for making this an FML you should all wear something 2 sizes too ******* small next time yur at work or in a mall and see how YOU like having a shitton of random ppl you dont know staring at yur body, be it skinny ripped or over weight

I'm 14y.o., 6'2" and weigh 155. I wear XL but I never thought of myself as fat. When I try to wear medium I can fit fine, but if I were to lift my arms above my head, or bend down, then my navel would be exposed. Plus, I don't exactly care for skin tight shirts.

YDI for not telling your new employer that the shirt will not fit so they will either need to find one that will or allow you to wear your own until they do find one that fits. This is also a legal issue in most US states for employers that supply work clothing.

you really can't read can you. the OP told their emloyer...who said they have to wear the shirt anyway.

YOU FAT FATTY! GO JOIN FAT FIGHTERS YOU BLOODY FATTY FAT FAT MC CHEEZEBURGER GREASE.

Look. My brothers are 6'4" and 6'5" and they wear XL. They aren't fat. they're just tall. All because you wear XL doesn't mean you are fat so stfu. I bet you are fat. Ass.

For all those who presume that the OP is fat just for wearing XL, then you're wrong.. im 1.94m tall, very muscular, weigh about 90 kilos, but im an XL. Does that make me fat? fattie with a six pack olol

You know what's really annoying? The phrase "come to find out"

rasellersjr 0

That's ok as long as the job was as a hooters girl...

I had the same thing happen to me today except I am an extra small and they only had medium shorts and shirts