By mikey09 - 17/01/2010 05:37 - United States

Today, it was my first day at my new job, which requires you to wear a special shirt. Come to find out, they only have medium sized shirts. I'm an XL. They demanded I wear the shirt anyway. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 632
You deserved it 9 291

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hermyoni 0

Just because he wears an XL shirt does not in any way mean the guy is fat. He could have broad shoulders or muscular arms. Or maybe just be fit and like the extra room. Most built guys where L or XL shirts and even if he had a tummy so what. A medium is too small for most guys to be wearing anyway.

Pssht, you should have "worn" it on one arm, or as a bandana, or something like that. Just in case their store policy isn't specific enough for that eventuality, which is a good possibility.

Comments

maybe the other fatties tht work there took the other xls.

Shadow_Phantom 26

I wear an XL for comfort, a medium is way too small. FYL.

I feel bad for OP! I've been in this situation too (and I'm not a very big person at all) where there were only small or medium button up uniform shirts available and due to my chest size the buttons would barely do up! So it was either that or wear the men's polo shirt. It's very humiliating.

iSwag 0

Today I had to wear a shirt that wasn't my size so I felt slightly uncomfortable...come on dude suck it up...if you want the job then suck it up and if not then leave and stop bitching

nyuukou 0

I don't see why you'd deserve it for being fat, or why it's not an fml if you're muscular. It's still embarrassing. Beyond that, a too small shirt is very restricting and makes it harder to actually do the job they're paying you to do. Sucks that you had to wear it. Hope they get in a properly fitting shirt for you. (And man, I'd love to go to these places where it's always the men's XLs that are all gone. It always seems to be everything below large that's gone when I need a shirt. Pissed me off once when there was a guy on the same team as me wearing a skin-tight small and I had to wear a large that was falling off my shoulders. And absolutely nothing could convince him to switch shirts with me!)

@49 stfu! it's predicted text okay? and I'm pretty sure you knew what I meant when I was reffering to heavyset people! I didn't wanna be rude! and you didn't have to pick apart what I was say! okay!!!!! is that okay with you!!!!!! omg!!!!!!!

@42. WTF are you smoking? my husband is 6'3" and weighs 220! he has a broad chest and is built! large shirts are tight on him a little so he just buys xl incase it shrinks! it's not my fault youre a midget and can fit into a small shirt!

and really just because all of you say "I wear a small! I'm 5'11" and so on....your comment doesn't count when you wear skin tight emo shirts... or think you're so amazingly built and wanna show off your "muscles"! we are talking about a shirt that will fit someone comfortably!

My bgf is an xl and hes super skiny plus hes really tall and he's only 15