By Vic - 11/07/2011 09:00 - Denmark

Today, it's my birthday. The present I received from my best friend was the exact same necklace which I gave to her for her birthday two months ago. It had been unwrapped and re-wrapped in the same paper. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 302
You deserved it 4 021

Same thing different taste

Top comments

give it back next year...in the same paper.

Comments

tavs02 6

At least your friend recycles...but still, FYL op.

bitching about a gift u picked lol man your a shallow bitch

flawedgenius 6

Really, this isn't an FML, this is brilliant! Keep this up. in 10months time give it back to them and 2 months later you'll get it back again. repeat until you fall out with one another or one of you dies. just by way of an example, up until recently I had a friend I kept sending the same design of birthday card year on year, and he always had a confused look on his face (priceless) in the end I think he had 10. and my sister did that to me for a few years...

hahahahah, ohwow.. I have a similar thing happen to me, but it's like a joke between us. he isn't particularly my best friend, but a close friend. two years ago, one of my super close friends that I hung out with pretty much everyday had a crush on this one kid that I knew really well, Matt, and his birthday came up one day, so we both pitched in to buy him a present. we ended up with a Teddy bear & chocolate rose, from my friend, and one of those huge lollipops and his favorite gum, 5 gum, from me. his birthday is a month and 5 days before mine. he got money for my birthday I'm pretty sure that year, but last year, I got $20 bucks, and the bear from him. I asked him if it was the bear that my friend got him a little bit more than a month ago. Lmfao. it's now a joke between us, except..I forgot to give him his this year..lmfao, oops. :p but, I wonder what he'll get me this year, in exactly one week.! :D finally turning a teen on the 31st.! woo.! (: & bytheway, we're not dating or anything. we're both taken now, but I did have a crush on him like..three or four years ago. ha.

_awwhellnaw_ 45

What the dickens did I just read?

Feel your pain. My best friend did that with me and seemed to think it was totally acceptable :/

yzzami 17

Maybe she just didnt like it, it wasnt your style. Too many people that by gifts for friends think about what they themselves would want instead of what the recipient would like